Smoke_N_Flames
    Firehouse.com Guest

Post SVP Impulse Lightbars

Does anyone hve any knowledge of the Impulse series of lightbars built by Signal Vehicle Products? I am interested in the 48" model that has 4 rotaters, takedowns, alleys, and flashers. How well do the hold up? I would appreciatte any feedback anyone has...thx again.

tlfd600
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs down

I have not used one personally, but the UPD cars at my college use them. I have not been impressed with them at all. They seem real dim and the rotators don't spin very fast, also the rear flashing lights on them have one light that stays on longer, don't know if it is a quirck or what. My personal advice is go with something made by Code 3. The Excalibur is low profil and starts at around 420 with just the 4 rotators and you can add takedowns, allys and rear flashers for another 115. If you were wanting to house the siren speaker in it try the MX7000 or the LP6000, the MX7000 is my personal favorite lightbar you have unlimited options with it and it is bright and very very visible, the LP6000 is there low dollar lightbar, not as many options but the sheriffs deputy I used to ride with had one and it worked really well. Try to get a clear center rotator for better day time visibility, it is hard to see red in the day time, all the ambulances at my work use red rotators in the middle of the lightbars and they help alot. Oh and mount the siren speaker under the hood or in the grill or bumper, if you mount it in the lightbar you will not be able to hear anything when you have it on.

MembersZone Subscriber

Anyone have an idea on a dashlight that is good. I am debating between a dashlaser and a firebeam both would have mirrors.

Forum Member

Lightbulb

If you have a big dash, go for the firebeam... the firebeam is about 14 inches wide, and the dashlaser is only about 10. I have a fast speed dashlaser and i love it. The reason i didnt go with the firebeam, is with the clear at the back, it seems to show more clear than the color.

MembersZone Subscriber

What do you guys think about the new LED from whelen. The TIr6 version is incredible from what I have seen. Anybody else seen them.

Thread Information