Post initiating engineers

I have been around the block a few times and I have driven and pumped many types of engines. I have even taken many water movement classes to update my own knowledge of the engines and their workings.<br />The department I run with is beginning to implement the process of engineers. We have had drivers before that were responsible for driving the rigs and pumping them. Other than that, they had no other duty.<br />Are there proper practices and procedures that one should be aware of to implement the job of engineers in the department, and if so what are they.

There are many books that would provide good basic and even more advanced information for the folks involved in your upcoming process. Get a copy of IFSTA manual "Pumping Fire Apparatus." Also check around locally for an instructor who really knows hyrdaulics and the many other factors pertaining to proper operation of fire apparatus. Hope this is of help to you.

Forum Member

I have been training my department to the NFPA 1002 and testing to the Minnesota State Apparatus Operator Certification. Let me know if you would like some information for basic pump operation training.

Are there any FAE (Fire Apparatus Engineer) classes by you?
    Guinness....a meal in a can!
    IACOJ, Flatlander Division

Gregg, I sure would appreciate any information you have, you can mail it to:<br />Doug Dugan<br />125 Warren St<br />Rayland, Ohio 43943<br />DM, there are some pumping classes at our State Academy Which is 2 hours away, and these classes are available through their outreach program. That is probably the avenue I will take with it, but it is petty basic stuff.<br />Thanks for the help.

Keep doing it for the right reasons!!!!!!!!!

Thread Information