Lieutenant Gonzo
    Firehouse.com Guest

Post Public fire education

I am my Department's Public Fire Education officer, and I'm interested in starting a forum to exchange ideas about teaching fire education in the schools and the community. In Massachusetts, we have the Student Awareness of Fire Education (SAFE) program. It is a fire ed program overseen by the Department of Public Safety, Office of the State Fire Marshall funded by a state grant to put firefighters in the classroom to teach fire and life safety. Through this forum, we can steal/abscond/appropriate and exchange ideas. Take care and be safe...Lt. Gonzo

[This message has been edited by Lieutenant Gonzo (edited December 10, 1999).]

MembersZone Subscriber

Thumbs up Safe Program

I AM TRYING TO SET UP A SIMILAR PROGRAM AT OUR DEPARTMENT AND COULD SURE USE YOUR HELP. I WOULD LIKE A COPY OF WHATEVER YOU HAVE AVAILABLE AND THAT YOU ARE WILLING TO SHARE, TO HELP ME DEVELOP OUR PROGRAM ALONG A SIMILAR LINE. POLICIES, SOP'S, GUIDELINES, BUDGETARY INFORMATION ANYTHING ALONG THOSE LINES WOULD BE GREAT. YOU CAN CONTACT ME AT FIRELOOEY@HOTMAIL.COM.

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR HELP.

LT. LANDS

Forum Member

Holy schnikes......... This has to be one of the oldest threads to be brought back to life!!! And it wasn't Weruj doing it!!

FYRLT17...... Good job of searching!!!!!
    The comments made by me are my opinions only. They DO NOT reflect the opinions of my employer(s). If you have an issue with something I may say, take it up with me, either by posting in the forums, emailing me through my profile, or PMing me through my profile.
    We are all adults so there is no need to act like a child........
    IACOJ

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lieutenant Gonzo View Post
    I am my Department's Public Fire Education officer, .... In Massachusetts ....
    Could this be an earlier incarnation of our current Captain Gonzo aka Deputy Chief Gonzo?
    "Nemo Plus Voluptatis Quam Nos Habant"

The Code is more what you'd call "guidelines" than actual rules.

MembersZone Subscriber
    Not the end of the earth but I can see it from here...

Quote Originally Posted by DeputyMarshal View Post
    Could this be an earlier incarnation of our current Captain Gonzo aka Deputy Chief Gonzo?

It has to be...too many similarities to be a coincidence....

Kind of like the Donna thing
    Chief Dwayne LeBlanc
    Paincourtville Volunteer Fire Department
    Paincourtville, LA

"I have a dream. It's not a big dream, it's just a little dream. My dream — and I hope you don't find this too crazy — is that I would like the people of this community to feel that if, God forbid, there were a fire, calling the fire department would actually be a wise thing to do. You can't have people, if their houses are burning down, saying, 'Whatever you do, don't call the fire department!' That would be bad."
    — C.D. Bales, "Roxanne"

MembersZone Subscriber

It's déjà vu all over again. I've been tempted to search for the first FH.com posting and resurrect it with a comment like "me too".
    -------------------
    "The most mediocre man or woman can suddenly seem dynamic, forceful, and decisive if he or she is mean enough." from "Crazy Bosses"
    -----------------------------------------------
    Genius has its limits, but stupidity is boundless.

Thread Information