Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    SYSIPHUS
    Firehouse.com Guest

Question Fire Science degree

I need help. Does anyone know where an accredited Batchlors is availible for mail or internet format? I'm really wanting to advance my knowledge/carreer but don't have a university near-by that offers this major.
    My full time job and family prohibit my leaving town to obtain one elsewhere! Help please!!!!!!!

Bri
    Firehouse.com Guest

Try the NFA web page. The have a degree at a distance program, formely known as the open learning fire service program for a BA degree for the fire service. There are several different universities involved with this program. Look them up.

CRASH CREWMAN
    Firehouse.com Guest

Lightbulb

There is a posting on the (www.fire-ems.net) in the INFO area post #9572309576767 where West Ga. Tech. is offering a Fire Science Degree online. He say's he has two fire classes online now along with the core classes and more to come soon. I haven't looked into it, so I don't know if they offer a Bachelors or Associates or what. He gave his e-mail: (tsmith@westga.tec.ga.us) and his phone: (706)845-4323 x5748 . There is also a web site: (www.firedawg.com) that has listings with links to colleges and universities that offer Fire Degrees. This is a nationwide listing but I don't know if it's complete. The schools listed offer Associates, Bachelors, and there are a few Masters Degree Programs. I don't think I've seen any Doctorates in there, if there even is such a thing for the fire service. These schools offer Fire Science, Fire Technology, Fire Engineering, Fire Administration, etc. You'll have to fishem' out. Hope this helps and stay safe!

------------------

fireseeker
    Firehouse.com Guest

The University of Maryland University College offers a distant education B.S. degree in Fire Science...from there you might want to check out Oklahoma State for your Masters degree...never quit learning...

Capt. Mike

------------------
    fireseeker

SYSIPHUS
    Firehouse.com Guest

Talking

Thanks for the replies, I'd bet there are lot s of FF's out there who share my interest in continuing education. Any and all further posts would be apprieciated.

cpthunt
    Firehouse.com Guest

State University of New York has a BPS Fire Service Mgmt. program availible online and by distance learning.

University of North Carolina at Charlotte is beginning a BSET Fire Safety Engineering Technology online this fall, but you have to already posess an AAS degree to qualify. Their website is www.uncc.edu/conteduc

jmatthe7
    Firehouse.com Guest

The University of Cincinnatti has a good program. Check out their website. www.UC.edu

Doc7610
    Firehouse.com Guest

I can vouch for Cincinnati's program. I'm currently enrolled in their Associate's Degree program for Fire Science and have so far found it to be pretty rewarding.

They're a little stingy on credits transfering though.

Good luck!

Stay Safe.

Thread Information