Thread: Training Search

mifr50
    Firehouse.com Guest

Question Training Search

Our Department is searching for qualified instructors to provide training to personnel on numerous topics as part of our training program. The goal is to bring in people from across the country to share experiences and teach new techniques and methods. If anyone has any suggestions or reccomendations of instructors they have had contact with please reply. We are a Fire Rescue Department on the coast of SW Florida.

fireman703
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool

OOOOH!! PICK ME!! PICK ME!! I WANT TO GO TO FLORIDA!!!

Seriously. Do you have a need for training in any or all of the following areas. We train people in Land, tropical, jungle, Desert, temperate, arctic, Survival medicine, first aid in a remote delayed transport area or open ocean survival techniques (Global Survival) or Helecopter under water egress training, etc. I am a USAF Survival Instructor, FF1, EMT-I, EMT Wilderness certification. We travel around the world teaching survival skills to military and civilian students. We teach them how to stay alive and Aid in their own rescue when lost or stranded. You already paid my salary with your taxes but the places we go, must pay our travel, feed us, and provide a place to sleep. To any one reading this, lets not make it a tent, we do enough of that already. If you find this interesting let me know.

PBFTRK33
    Firehouse.com Guest

If you are interested in Rapid Intervention Team and Firefighter Rescue/Survival training I would be more than happy to assist you. Please contact me at PBFTRK33@aol.com

Jim Crawford
    Pittsburgh Bureau of Fire
    Certified Fire Instructor
    Contributing Editor Firehouse Magazine

Spanky
    Firehouse.com Guest

Lightbulb

There are many excellent instructors in the US that would be willing to assist!

I suggest that you send your people to outside training and have them bring the knowledge back to you.

One EXCELLENT conference each year is the Texas Association of Fire Educators annual
    'Instructors Conference' where we "Educate the Educator" held the second week of each January.

The 2001 conference is in Austin, Texas
    The 2002-2003 conference will be in San Antonio, Texas. We would love to see you here!

For more information (and a list of presenting instructors) see our web site at www.tx-tafe.org

God Bless and keep safe!

'Spanky'
    Educating the Educator

Thread Information