Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Priz
    Firehouse.com Guest

Question Effect Equal Opportunity & Affirmative Action Programs Have On Fire Service Training

Hello, I am taking the Fire Instructor 3 (Master Instructor) class through the California State Fire Marshal's Office next month and am supposed to provide a 30 minute teaching demonstration on the topic: "Effect Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Programs Have On Fire Service Training." The IFSTA Instructor manual, 5th edition, is our reference.

I am looking for any other references, websites, books, etc. that people could provide me, that would allow me to get some more information about this topic. Any assistance would be really appreciated. Thank you in advance for your time!

Dennis Dowhy
    Firehouse.com Guest

Many times Affirmative Action Programs are overturned in the courts because they, in themselves, are discriminatory. The latest trend is in the changing of the AA word to Diversity.

If you are going to speak on this topic, please include both sides of the subject. Check out these links:

Adversity: Victims of Preferential Treatment

The "D" Word: Diversity

There are many links to other sites related to this topic at the above sites.

Forum Member

Thumbs down Affirmative action

Affirmitive action should be viewed the same way discrimination is seen in this country. If you can't get there on your own, then try something else, don't expect it to be handed to you based on the color of your skin. I am not a racist but those who push affirmative action and quotas are racists in my eyes.

Thread Information