Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Award program

E310
    Firehouse.com Guest

Question Award program

I have volunteered to set up a incentive program for our volunteer fire dept. I am interested to see what some other Depts. have done. If you can email me and give me some ideas they would be appriceated.

Thanks,
    E310

NCRSQ751
    Firehouse.com Guest

I have to admit we haven't done this in a while, but we used to award the person who ran the most calls in a month with a gift certificate to a local restaurant. We went around and the managers in our district were more than happy to donate them. We have been running 3500 calls a year, so every one helps!

------------------
    Susan Bednar
    Captain - Forsyth Rescue
    North Carolina Strike Force 1

bob1350
    Firehouse.com Guest

We set aside a few thousand dollars a year(fortunately, we don't have too many money issues here. The city is very grateful). The money is used to buy gift certs, SOG's, Leathermans, equipment bags, etc. Any firefighter can write a letter to the chiefs and request an incentive award for someone. This award is for going beyond the normal duties of a volunteer. This is a pretty subjective portion of the program. You can't start giving out awards for everything or you'll run out of awards as we did once. We also use to give out Chamber of Commerce "Bucks". We had a problem with this because the city said no one could get more than $50.00 a year.

Chief456-2
    Firehouse.com Guest

We have a system were points are awarded for certain things they do. They can then turn in their points for firefighting equipment.

Thread Information