Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    nsfirechap
    Firehouse.com Guest

Default Chaplain's Forum

Greetings from North Pole, Alaska. I have been the Chaplain for the North Star Volunteer Fire Department since this past November. I am also a retired Air Force firefighter. I asked Firehouse to create this forum as I see it as a great way to share info with other department Chaplains, as well as hear from anyone that has suggestions as to how we can serve our departments better. After all, that's why I became a Chaplain-TO SERVE my department and my community. I am not a professional clergy. Since retiring from the Air Force in 1997 I have been a missionary working at a Christian TV/Radio station in North Pole. If you would like more info on my department's program click on www.alaska.net/~nsfsa and follow the link to Chaplains Program. I look forward to hearing from you.
    God Bless,

Jeff Turkel
    Chaplain
    North Star Volunteer Fire Department
    North Pole, Alaska

ccc530
    Firehouse.com Guest

I pray that this forum will help to encourage, support and pray for one another. Another great resource for those who may be hearing the call is The National Institute of Chaplaincy Studies at: www.teleport.com/~alivemin/

Sunflower_FD_21
    Firehouse.com Guest

I serve as Chaplain for the Inverness Volunteer Fire Department, Inverness, MS and as Rehab Services Officer for the Sunflower Country Fire Service. I'm delighted to see this forum begin. It should be a help to all of us.

Blessings on your ministry!

Sunflower_FD_21
    Firehouse.com Guest

Well, so far it appears that it's just us three ... <GRIN> ... I'm sure the forum will grow as others discover it ... I was directed to it by our County Fire Coordinator ... I am enjoying the sharing.

nsfirechap
    Firehouse.com Guest

Just wanted to see how every one is doing.

God bless you all,

Jeff

[This message has been edited by nsfirechap (edited March 04, 1999).]

nsfirechap
    Firehouse.com Guest

Does your department have a SOP for Chaplain programs and or CISD? Ours is posted at www.alaska.net/~nsfsa/CHAP.HTM.

God bless you all,

Jeff

PNTrumpore
    Firehouse.com Guest

Federation of Fire Chaplains (FFC), an international organization founded to provide education, organization, and resources to Fire Chaplains, has an excellent set of SOPs that have literally been copied and implimented in every well established fire department I know of. I joined them in 1989 and have attended almost all of their conferences since. What a resource! You can reach them at "http://www.firefighting.com/chaplains/" and you can reach Chaplain Ed Stauffer (their director) at Chapdir1@aol.com. We have a wonderful group of dedicated clergy and firefighting professionals to share resources. I highly recommend them to you in order to make your chaplaincy program soar!

------------------
    Paul N. Trumpore

Sunflower_FD_21
    Firehouse.com Guest

We are working on a SOP for the Fire Chaplain and would be very interesting in any current SOP's that might be shared

Thread Information