Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Prayer Requests

Sunflower_FD_21
    Firehouse.com Guest

Default Prayer Requests

I received the following prayer request earlier today. Please remember this family in your prayers.
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    At approximately 2 am last date captain Billy Holmes of the Brandon Fire Department suffered a massive heart attack at his residence in Brandon. He was rushed to Rankin Medical Center where he was stabilized. At 3 pm today he was transferred to Baptist Hospital where he is still in intensive care. We don't know what the outcome will be and we are optimistic for a recovery. The doctors have advised us all to brace for the worst. Billy Holmes has been like a father figure to most of the young firefighters not only at Brandon F.D. but all of Rankin County. We would like to request everyone to place Billy and his wife Marie on there prayer list. Billy lost a son to cancer about 6 months ago and lost his mother about one month ago. Billy Has served on numerous committies for the Firefighters and Fire-Chiefs association thru the years. This family has had some rough times recently. I will keep everyone posted as information becomes available to me.
    Alton Webb
    Rankin County Fire Coordinator

nsfirechap
    Firehouse.com Guest

Will add your request to the one's I have. What a priveldge it is to lift our brothers in prayer. Please add this one. Last week a 19 yr old military firefighter at Fort Wainwright Alaska was brutally murdered. Please pray for the department members that responded-the shift that he was assigned to were the one's that responded on the call.

God bless you all as you continue to serve.

Jeff

ccc530
    Firehouse.com Guest

You have our prayers for both. May they see The Lord's hand upon thier lives in spite of what it looks like in the natural. May The Lord bring healing and peace in thier lives.

Sunflower_FD_21
    Firehouse.com Guest

Bob McWhirter posted the following article in the MFFA Message Board

Dated : March 30, 1999 at 22:24:09 Subject: DEATH OF FELLOW FIREFIGHTER DENNIS FERGUSON, JR.

Winston County firefighters were saddened at the unexpected death of fellow firefighter Dennis Ferguson, Jr., who died at his home in the Nanih Waiya community of Winston County on Monday night, March 29, 1999. Dennis was an active member of the Nanih Waiya Fire Department, having served his community faithfully as a dedicated firefighter since the organization of the department. Funeral services will be held at 2:30 P.M., Thursday, April 1, 1999, at Goodhope Baptist Church, located fifteen miles southeast of Louisville on highway 490, just off of highway 397, with burial in the church cemetary. Visitation will be from 5:30 til 9:00 P.M., Wednesday, March 31, at Porter Funeral home in Louisville, Mississippi. Members of the Winston County Firefighters Association request that you keep Dennis' family in your prayers during this time of loss and sadness.

Bob McWhirter, Assistant Fire Chief, Louisville fire Department

nsfirechap
    Firehouse.com Guest

I so appreciate the priveledge of praying daily for my brothers and sisters. If you hear of a need please post it here or feel free to e-mail me. In the case of Line of Duty and non line of duty deaths if you can get a mailing adress for the department It would greatly be appreciated. Also, in the case of get wel cards an adress would also be greatly appreciated. I make it a point whenever I learn of a LODD or non LODD to send a letter of condolence to the family and department(Helps me with the grieivng process as well as letting folks know we care). After all, we ARE FAMILY!!! We just have not had the chance to meet yet. God bless you all as you continue to serve. I pray daily for your safety.

God Bless,

Jeff

nsfirechap
    Firehouse.com Guest

Please pray for the family of Firefighter Aubrey Tillman of the Charleston, South Carolina who passed away on 2 April from a heart attack.

Also wanted to let you know that we have a committed group of prayer warriers here in Alaska praying daily for the safety of firefighters world wide and also for the families of firefighters. May God contiune to bless you all as you serve.

Jeff

[This message has been edited by nsfirechap (edited April 06, 1999).]

nsfirechap
    Firehouse.com Guest

This past weekend our department responded to a single car MVA rollover at 2:30 AM involving one fatality.for a few of our firefighters this was their first exposure to injuries of this type. Please pray for them, and for me to have God's wisdom in helping. Thanks for all your support. God bless you all as you continue to serve.

Jeff

Sunflower_FD_21
    Firehouse.com Guest

Larry Barr, Deputy State Fire Coodinator for Mississippi posted the following article in the MFFA Message Board.

Dated : May 14, 1999 at 16:12:56
    Subject: Retired Firefighter Death

The Marks Volunteer Fire Department (Mississippi)lost another of its members yesterday. Forty-five year old firefighter Jimmy Smith had retired from the Marks Fire Department last July after serving 20 years.

Visitation will be from 6:00-8:00 PM tonight at the Kimbro Funeral Home in Marks, Mississippi.

Services will be held tomorrow at 4:00pm at the same location.

Please pray for this family and the Marks Volunteer Fire Department.

For more information contact Johnathan Dancy, 662-326-4815.

nsfirechap
    Firehouse.com Guest

Please pray for the members of the Palmer Alaska Police Department and the Family of Police Officer James Rowland age 31, who was gunned down this morning after responding to a report of a man slumped over the wheel of his car. Alaska may be the biggest state, but we are a very, very close state.
    God bless you all and keep you safe as you serve.

Jeff

ccc530
    Firehouse.com Guest

Hi, usually it is me that is strong and praying for everyone, but now I must ask for your prayers. It was already a very challenging time in my life, as the father of two teenagers (17 and 19) and my wife of 20 years with abdominal trouble (possibly adhesions), and being the President of our firefighters association; but on saturday, we had another 7 year old boy dart out into traffic in our city. He was struck by a F-150 pulling a trailer. I drove my engine to the scene and helped set up the helicopter LZ, and then cleaned up after they transported him. They couldn't stabilize him (he was a code)so they didn't use the copter. They pronounced him at the local hospital shortly after. They debriefed everyone except the the engine company crew, of which, I was part of. I didn't think it would bother me but it did. It reminded me of my very first run back in 1976. It was my neighbor's 5 year old daughter. She died too. Both of these accidents happened the same: The kids started to dart across the street, then changed their mind and tried to get back to the sidewalk but were completly run over by the vehical. With both incidents the mothers had to be physically restrained during the resusitation attempts. With both, the drivers were very distressed over it. It was an ugly scene. God is still on the throne, and prayer still changes things. I pray for that family. I pray for the workers that were there. This is one I could have done without. Thanks for your prayers, especially for my wife.

[This message has been edited by ccc530 (edited May 24, 1999).]

RevMark98
    Firehouse.com Guest

Dear Carl,
    Well you are certainly right when you say HE IS STILL ON THE THRONE. Did you ever hear the song "Paint my mind with calvary's blood". It's about the healing of memories and emotions. Part of it goes.."You've painted the earth, the sky and the sea. Lord please do this one thing for me. Paint my mind. With Calvary's blood"
    You and your family will be in our prayers sir. Thank you for trusting us with this.

------------------
    Because HE lives I can face tomorrow

Sunflower_FD_21
    Firehouse.com Guest

Please remember firefighter Bill Alford and family. He lost his mother this past week after a long illness. Funeral services were this past Saturday. Bill is a firefighter with the Indianola Fire Department, Indianola, MS.

[This message has been edited by Sunflower_FD_21 (edited May 26, 1999).]

Sunflower_FD_21
    Firehouse.com Guest

Carl ...

We remember you and your fellow firefighters in our prayers! Always the darkness is followed by the dawn ... indeed, our Lord is still "taking care" of His own!

ccc530
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thanks.

nsfirechap
    Firehouse.com Guest

One of our Fire explorers was seriously injured in a two car MVA in which he was a passengeron Memorial day. His name is David. He's got a badly broken leg and ankle, will be in the hospital for at least three weeks. Please also pray for the othervictims, especially the female driver of the other car. She is in extremely critical condition. God bless you all for your willingness to pray and serve.

Jeff

ccc530
    Firehouse.com Guest

Amen, Jeff. We'll join our prayers with yours.

Solve for X:
    3 teenagers + 2 fast cars + winding road + nightime= X
    You guessed it: 1 corvette into a tree; on fire with the driver trapped. No way for us to save him. 17 years young. (His dad died two years ago). Known by my son and well known in school. (My son is on stand-by for peer counseling in school). This was the first of three accidents of the night. The second was minor, the third was an adult trama alert/ jaws call. (VW Jetta into a tree no fire this time). What a night! Again, CSID for selected individuals only. Please pray again for all.
    Also, please pray for Jason Soroko, the son of one of our firefighters. He broke C-6 and nearly drowned in a swimming pool accident last saturday. His Dad is quitting the FD and relocating to Chicago to help his son recover.
    Thanks.

nsfirechap
    Firehouse.com Guest

Hope all is well with everybody. One of my department's firefighters 7 year old son had his middle amputated when he was helping dad move a trailer. He underwent microsurgery on the finger yesterday. Please join us in prayer for a total healing of the finger. God bless you all as you serve.

Jeff

ccc530
    Firehouse.com Guest

We join you and pray that the finger will completly heal and function normally. One of our firefighter's sons, Jason (27 years old), had a pool accident. Has undergone surgery. More tests. Limited movement in arms and legs. Some memory loss. Pray for his total recovery and wisdom to his parents, John and Wendy, that they have wisdom in how and where to have him treated, and for the finances.

Sunflower_FD_21
    Firehouse.com Guest

My son is completing three years of overseas duty with the US Army ... he was in Bosnia for 226 days ... he and his wife are scheduled to fly back to the states on Tuesday, June 15, please remember them in your prayers ... join me in praying for all our young men and women who often serve "in harm's way!"

Our church family and prayer group join each of you in remembering the prayer requests.

Thank you for allowing me to be part of a great fellowship of service.

I have begun a monthly newsletter to all the members of our volunteer fire department ... remembering birthdays, and other special days ... also words of commendation and encouragment.

Just completed training as a First Responder along with several other firemen ... one of my responsibilities as chaplain is first aid and rehab at the fire scene.

Looking forward to more sharing.

nsfirechap
    Firehouse.com Guest

How's everone doing today???? It's been a blessing and an honor to participate in this forum. You all have been such a blessing to me and the members of my department. Please continue to pray for the wildland fire situation here in Alasak and throughout the U.S. My department and all the ones in the Fairbanks area have been busy amd there have been some extremely close calls. At present crews from our area are heading to Delta Junction approx 90 miles away for an ectremely fast spreading wildland fire threatening one of the Alaska pipeline pump stations and potentially threatening an Army base, Fort Greely. Thanks for all the prayer support. God bless you all and keep you safe.

Jeff

Thread Information