Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    bus_master
    Firehouse.com Guest

Default Thoughts and prayers for my neighbor

Last week I responded to a EMS call at my neighbors place. I was stunned to find out that my neighbors wife had taken her own life. The local PD ask if I was a friend and maybe should go sit with the husband for a while. I did go and stayed for about two and a half hours till a daughter and grandaughter showed up. We have never had to deal with this type of situation before, to see your friend and neighbor tormented for not only his loss but with the lack of understanding WHY. Only GOD knows.. Please pray for his comfort and peace in the coming days when family goes home and he is alone. Thanks for listening it helps us deal with this tragedy too. Any advice for future use in these matters would be appreciated.

lfs
    Firehouse.com Guest

It sounds like you handled this terrible situation in exactly the right way.

There is no human answer to that anguished "Why?" There is only the presence of another caring human being which helps the victim[s] through those first awful hours until their family & friends can mobilize and gather.

How is your neighbor doing now?

------------------
    Larry

bus_master
    Firehouse.com Guest

Larry: thanks for the note. My neighbor is still struggling with the loss of his wife, not only with how it happened but why. He stopped by one day to drop off some memorial donations for our Rec Center and was very appreciative of the time and concern we shared with him that day. He said he could tell we had our heart in the right spot. There he is, the one thats hurting, and he actually was giving me encouragement, made me feel better. If all people could give and receive that way just think how this World would change. Thanks for sharing. BE SAFE GOD BLESS! BYRON

RevMark98
    Firehouse.com Guest

Dear Byron,
    Sometimes being 'present' is all you can do. Feeling helpless is never easy but your mere presence there gave peace I am sure. It is hard to believe you accomplished something when you yourself are feeling so helpless but I KNOW you accomplished alot. Thank God you were there for the family. Stay safe.!

------------------
    Because HE lives I can face tomorrow

bus_master
    Firehouse.com Guest

REVMARK98: Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the Lord and lean not unto thine own understanding. We are finding this more true with every experience. Thanks for the prayers, they work!!! Byron.

Thread Information