stone35
    Firehouse.com Guest

Default Before You Get There

It is never too late to say a little prayer before you get to the fire/wreck. I have made this a habit and it makes me feel better, because you never know what is going to happen.

Does anyone else have a last prayer before you get on scene? It couldn't hurt!

------------------
    Stone35

nsfirechap
    Firehouse.com Guest

I often tell my department members that the most important thing I can do for them is to pray.

Jeff

[This message has been edited by nsfirechap (edited May 17, 1999).]

nsfirechap
    Firehouse.com Guest

I could not agree with you more. Your right!!! Pray certainly makes me feel better! As soon as the tones go off I pray, I pray while I'm/crews are responding, and all through the incident. I also make a point of praying whenever any of the other fire departments and police departments in my area respond on a call(a good reason to have the scanner on). Thanks for the input. God bless you all as you serve.

Jeff

[This message has been edited by nsfirechap (edited May 17, 1999).]

Tom Lafleur
    Firehouse.com Guest

I carry a St Florian prayer card that my Wife gave me in my inside coat pocket. I touch it whenever I put on my gear. It helps.
    Stay Safe
    Tom

lfs
    Firehouse.com Guest

I use my 'fallback' prayer which is useful in all sorts of situations where my primary attention must be focused somewhere else--like driving under a blue light and getting there safely.

The prayer is a variation on the 'Jesus Prayer:'
    "Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy."

Sometimes, if I know more, I'll be more specific. Sometimes I'll just repeat this prayer until I arrive and go to work demanding all my attention. Sometimes I'll combine this prayer with praying in the Spirit, using my prayer language. God knows what is needed, even though I do not. Today is Pentecost, so this seems an especially good idea right now.

Thread Information