Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    RevMark98
    Firehouse.com Guest

Default FIRE CHAPLAIN NEEDS PRAYERS

Fire Chaplain Jeff Turkel fell 7 feet through a roof while at work Thursday June 25th. He was taken by ambulance to hospital where it was found he has some minor bruising to his brain and some major muscle aches to his left arm,lumbar region of his spine,and ribs. He is obviously hurting but says he is ok !
    Please remember Jeff in your prayers. He is the moderator of this newsgroup and one great brother in Christ as well. He is an exceptional fire chaplain to boot!!! Please pray for his wife as well as she stands with Jeff in their ministry.
    GOD BLESS YOU BOTH !!! ((((TURKEL FAMILY)))

Tom Lafleur
    Firehouse.com Guest

My prayers are with you Jeff,

RevMark98
    Firehouse.com Guest

Just spent 90 minutes on phone with FireChaplain Jeff and his wife. They are both in very high spirits and I was happy to hear he wasn't kept at hospital for very long at all !!!
    Please keep them both in prayer for the bruised days ahead.

------------------
    Because HE lives I can face tomorrow

Sunflower_FD_21
    Firehouse.com Guest

Hey Jeff!

May the Lord bless you richly! We will keep you in our prayers! We will be praying for healing and "patience" <GRIN>!

God Bless!

------------------
    Danny Lee Prater
    Chaplain, Inverness Volunteer Fire Department
    First Responder
    Rehab Officer, Sunflower County Fire Service

nsfirechap
    Firehouse.com Guest

Bless you all for the prayers - they were much needed and much appreciated. Today(Tuesday) is the first day I've been able to get to the library to use the internet-my lower back is still pretty sore, but It's getting better(so's the head). I'll be out of service as far as the FD goes for a few weeks, but will return to my "real" job tomorrow-but will tack it really easy. Thanks again for everything. I'm am blessed to have you all as my brothers.
    God bless you all.....

Jeff

The Heart Behind the Hero
    Firehouse.com Guest

Jeff,

Sorry to hear about your accident....but so glad you are doing well. Take it easy.

God Bless,

Curt & Karen

Karl
    Firehouse.com Guest

Jeff,

I haven't been on the 'Net in a while, so I just heard about your fall. I am praising God that you were not more seriously injured and am keeping your recovery in my prayers. It just goes to show that sometimes we even need to minister to each other.

In His peace,

Karl

scania
    Firehouse.com Guest

My thoughts are whith Jeff and his family.I was stunned at the news when I loggd on.I´m glad he´s ok and I hope that he´s recovery is whith out any bumps.I´m not the guy that goes to the church but I do keep my prayer in my mind to any fellow man that get´s hurt bad.
    Take Care Jeff and Stay Safe out there
    Ps.I hope that your Injuries doesn´t stop you from ff.

------------------
    viking

bus_master
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs up

thanking God it was not worse and praying for your speedy recovery! Byron.

DD
    Firehouse.com Guest

Dear Brother Jeff;

I'm please to hear that you didn't get special called to help the big guy. We don't have enough chaplains to go around, so we can not be giving a good one up too soon.

ccc530
    Firehouse.com Guest

Red face

Praise God for those angels that encompassed you round about that day! For The Lord is good and his mercy endures forever! Glad to hear you are recovering. Now, no more scares, please!

nsfirechap
    Firehouse.com Guest

Talking

Thanks again so much for all the prayers. Went in today for a cat scan to see how my head is healing(Fortunately they did confirm I do in fact have a brain)!!! The back and arm are healing well, but, the broken ribs are giving me fits, plus taking it easy at work and the fire station does not come easy to me.
    God bless you all,

Jeff

Thread Information