Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    nsfirechap
    Firehouse.com Guest

Question Chaplain Programs

Any thoughts on what we can do to help spread the word to departments that do not currently have an active Chaplain program on the benifits of such. I've been concerned, especially in the light of the recent LODD's that have occured in departments that do not have the benifit of a Chaplain.

God bless you as you serve,

Jeff

RevHoseJockey
    Firehouse.com Guest

Greetings...

might i suggest that the State Fire Chapains Assoc., or what you all have in similar get together and raise awareness. In NY we have got a chaplains list and are all getting trained to set up regional CISD teams, and stuff like that. We are also linked by email so that we can keep the members who are no longer able to stay active, but do in spirit connected with what is going on.

Maybe you can double up and the departments you work with until they understand the need and set one up there on their own.

Here where I am in NY i have started for the local town FD, EMS and Police an Emergency Chaplains Services unit to respons to fires, accidents, bad EMS calls.... ect.... these chaplains are for the providers of emergency care... and the families in Crisis. It is a great program.

Anyway.. just some rambling thoughts...

Peace
    PAstor Wayne Eells, Jr
    Firefighter, badge 24
    Dept Chaplain

Karl
    Firehouse.com Guest

Jeff,

Down here in Texas, I have been working to spread the news about the benefits of having a fire/emergency services chaplain by word of mouth. One thing that I am going to try to do is attend a meeting of the Fort Bend County Firefighters Association and see how many departments have a chaplain. I know of one, but there may be more. With this information in hand, I am going to contact these departmental chaplains and propose that we assist each other as much as possible. I would love to see it become common for one department's chaplain to cover for another department's chaplain when he or she is ill or out of town.
    Anyway, all of this is a long-winded Texan's way of suggesting that anyone having a county firefighters' association (or something similar) should investigate using it to promote the benefits of having a departmental chaplain.

In His peace,

Karl

Karl
    Firehouse.com Guest

Jeff,

Down here in Texas, I have been working to spread the news about the benefits of having a fire/emergency services chaplain by word of mouth. One thing that I am going to try to do is attend a meeting of the Fort Bend County Firefighters Association and see how many departments have a chaplain. I know of one, but there may be more. With this information in hand, I am going to contact these departmental chaplains and propose that we assist each other as much as possible. I would love to see it become common for one department's chaplain to cover for another department's chaplain when he or she is ill or out of town.
    Anyway, all of this is a long-winded Texan's way of suggesting that anyone having a county firefighters' association (or something similar) should investigate using it to promote the benefits of having a departmental chaplain.

In His peace,

Karl

Thread Information