Thread: New to the Site

Pastor Bill
    Firehouse.com Guest

Question New to the Site

Hello my name is Bill Whitford and I pastor First Baptist Church Of Calumet City IL. In conjunction with our clergy coalition and our Fire Dept. we are in the process of forming a volunteer chaplaincy program. If any one has any suggestions on websites or resources related to this area I would appreciate knowing about them. We are especially interested in Dept. Guidelines, and Legal and Ethical issues related to volunter chaplains.
    We also intend on expanding this in the future to cover all the Emergency Services in our city, so if anyone is working with both Police and Fire Dept.s your input would be deeply appreciated. My E-mail address is: Pastor_Bill_Whitford@Juno.Com

------------------
    Pastor Bill Whitford

nsfirechap
    Firehouse.com Guest

Talking

Pastor Bill,

WELCOME,WELCOME,WELCOME. You've come to the right place-this is a really helpful bunch!!!!
    I've got a lot of info/links on my department's web page: www.northstarfire.org/CHAP.HTM.
    Also, the members of this forum have a wealth of information to offer as well as support. If any of us can be of assistance, let us know.
    God Bless you as you serve.

Chaplain Jeff Turkel
    North Star VFD
    North Pole, Alaska

C-12
    Firehouse.com Guest

Smile

Welcome aboard. It's great to see folks taking a real interest in the chaplain role for their departments. You'll find a lot of helpful folks here.

All the best

------------------
    C-12

"Somewhere-Everyday, We Fight For Life..."
    I.A.F.F. Memorial

RevMark98
    Firehouse.com Guest

Smile

Welcome Pastor !!!! Will be forwarding some links for you! Happy to see you online.

------------------
    Because HE lives I can face tomorrow

firechaplain10
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs up

Dear Bill,

Welcome aboard. There are really great resources including Boiler-Plate SOP's and guidelines available from the Federation of Fire Chaplains. WebSite is WWW.ffc.com I believe. If that doesn't work get back to me. God Bless

DSmits
    Firehouse.com Guest

Talking

Bill glad to see your on. Your friend from the City

Thread Information