Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ON THE JOB ?

Default ON THE JOB ?

I enjoy the Firehouse.com Website and the many forums available. I think Firehouse magazine should be commended for providing us this opportunity to share feelings, ideas, opinions, and new stuff to make our jobs safer and maybe easier. They have even provided a forum for Chaplains and CISM as well.
    I've recently made 1st Loo and looking forward to moving forward in my responsibilities as an officer. The question is, can I still be available to my department as a Chaplain? The answer is yes. The Lord has equipped me to be a firefighter and that is what I am. I wake up thinking about things related to our duties. Once I hear the kids getting ready for school, my thoughts shift to them and how blessed I am to be a Dad. I see my wife and thank God for putting her in my life. Later I'll be at the station. I'll look at my helmet sitting there with a Cross on the shield and I thank God that in times of crisis, I like many others are there to help. I could do that without a Cross of my shield. But I rather God receive the attention, the glory, the thanks, because it is Him that enables us to do anything that has a positive effect. Now as an officer, I can further lead by example because God has enabled me to do that as well.
    Every day I wake up in an imperfect world because I'm in it. As chaplains, we must never forget that and we must always be thankful that God's grace is more than sufficient.
    That grace has a name......Jesus Christ!
    See you on the big one
    Billy Reiter, 1st Lieutenant/Chaplain available 24 7

Good outlook....Good luck in your new position.

You are a man of god and that as a fireman you are an instrument of god. You protect and save lives on both fronts.

Chaplain, keep up the good work! Did you know Fr. Mychal Judge, FDNY Chaplain? He has been part of the reason for a charity thing I have been doing. Do you remember the story of the giant cross of steel beams found standing upright amidst the rubble at Ground Zero?
    The Heroes' Cross, helping to keep the promise .......... to 'never forget'. Dedicated to the 343 FDNY heroes, donated to their families. God Bless.

Thread Information