Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Question Terrorism Training

Hey All, I want to wish you all a happy new year and hopefully plenty of non-eventful days to come. I am writing because with the new year coming in it is time for me to look to some terrorism training for my rescue team. I am looking for just about anything that you can give me. I have info on the basic terrorism class that is given to basic emergency response personnel, however I would like to get a little more in to this topic. Any info that you would be able to get to me would be wonderful! Thank You in advance for any and all of the help that you give!

Happy Holidays!
    Aaron

I am a retired special agent with ATF and have worked with the British and Israel Fire Departments. They both have similar response procedures to possible terrorism acts. The first thing you really have to learn is that a fire department is a target of terrorism also. The British will curtain on a bomb scene for several blocks so no one can see where the emergency personnel are located. This is to make it more difficult to kill rescue personnel with a secondary device. Another thing the Israels do is to secure all electronic communications to prevent the sending to a denonation signal. I have found both of these department extremely helpful and more than willing to give you a hand.

The National Fire Academy has a self taught terrorism class that you can order from the FEMA web-site. You and your team can take the class on your own time and take the tests on line. Otherwise you should look to your local or state fire academy to see what they offer.

Good Luck.
    Steve Dragon
    FFII, Fire Instructor II, Fire Officer I, Fire Appartus Driver Operator Certified
    Volunteers are never "off duty".
    http://www.bufd7.org

MembersZone Subscriber CHIEF500's Avatar

I recommend the NFA course. I took it this year during the Pa. wekend there. Very enlightening. It was just prior to the September 11 incidents. I was in a hightened state due to the course. I remain in that alert status.

Thread Information