Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lazer Pointers

Kelly Tool
    Firehouse.com Guest

Question Lazer Pointers

Hey all, after reading TIMan's post on posting new topics and "there's no such thing as a stupid question" I had an idea but was a little sckeptical about asking about it with out doing some experimentation of my own. Any way here goes and try to keep an open mind:

Every one knows what cute toys laser pointers make, we've all seen the little red dot. How about using it in a smoke condition. Many companies have tried to make a "smoke cutting " flash light. A laser pointer, can be used to "cut" through the smoke. since the beam is concentrated it won't disperse in light like an ordinary flash light, or at least this is my theroy, i have yet to try it out, but if this is true the beam would allow you to see objects/wall because the beam can't penetrate. Also if escape is needed a window could be found by the beam being reflected. And if it was helpful it would also be cost effective. Well just thoughts. What do you think?????

------------------
    Put the wet stuff on the red stuff!

Hammerhead338
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool

Hey Kelly, I like the idea, let us know how the test come's out. I do have a question, you said that it would cut through the smoke becouse it is concentrated beam, but is it to small to realy make out what it is hitting on. I dont know much about the laser pointer's but you said that you could find a window with it becouse it would reflect it back, would it not go through the window?

Have a good day and be safe.

Joe
    Local 3905

Thread Information