Thread: NEED INFO ON TIC
01-10-2000, 12:25 PM #1JBROWNL8Firehouse.com Guest
NEED INFO ON TIC
GETTING TWO NEW ISG TIC'S. ANY PRO'S AND CON'S OF THESE CAMERAS.
01-10-2000, 08:13 PM #2JAPFPEFirehouse.com Guest
Here's my short list based on about 20 hours of researching the various hand-held units.
1. Weight, at 5 lbs w/ battery it's one of the lightest.
2. Size, it's also relatively small at approx. 307 cu. in's.
3. About the middle-of-the-road as far as cost of hand-held units.
4. Long battery life at 180 mins w/ basic unit in Run mode (no transmitter)
1. Relatively small CRT display screen that is designed to be held close to face/facepiece.
2. Display is "in-line" with lens therefore if you're crawling, it requires you to sit-up on your knees to look straight ahead (some cameras have display off-set from lens thereby enabling F/F's to look forward with the camera without placing your head up into the nasty hot layer).
3. The ISG has more moving parts than other BST generation cameras since it has a "blower" to keep the unit cool internally.
4. Not vibration tested IAW MIL STD. 810 (take it for what it's worth).
Good Luck !!
Joe Pechacek, FPE
Hamilton Fire Department
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)