Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    FF.FOREVER
    Firehouse.com Guest

Talking What kind of Thermal Camera does your dept use??

I would like to hear what kind of Thermal camera your dept uses and how well do you like it? I would also like to know if given the chance would you now go with another camera. To start things off my dept uses the ISG K-90 with the Digitek system. So far the camera had held up VERY well but I'm a viper fan..

k.a. sitzes
    Firehouse.com Guest

our dept has the bullard brand.our dept like them very much. we like them so much we have two [2] of the bullard tic and when we recieve our ladder truck earlier this year the dept had another one delivery with the truck. so this make 3 of the bullard camera we have now.we also have the camera's mounted in the cab with bullard charger so the battery are charged up and ready to go.

Chris Weir
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs up

We have 2 sets of Cairns Iris thermal imagers on our three truck companies in the City of Fort Lauderdale. The truck companies are assigned as the RIT Team which is the second assigned truck company on an established working fire. However, one of the assignments of the first arriving truck company would be to don the iris, and assist operating crews inside a structure in locating the seat of the fire or fires that are hidden from view. This has been a very effective tool since its inception in 1997. The imagers are a powerful resource for Primary searches, seeking invisible hot spots, and as a RIT usage to locate downed fire personnel in adverse atmosheres during RIT operations.

------------------

BayRidge60
    Firehouse.com Guest

We use the MSA Evolution 4000 w/telemetry. It has worked very well for us.

------------------
    Glenn Ralston
    Firefighter/EMT-D
    Bay Ridge Fire-Rescue
    byrdg60@netscape.net

fireman_387
    Firehouse.com Guest

My dept uses Bullard. I don't really care for them much. I have a problem with their design in some safety issues for FF's.

Capt. Lou
    Firehouse.com Guest

Hi,
    My Department purchased 2 Tailsman K-90 handheld cameras in 1998. We tried a bunch and the firefighters felt the K-90 worked the best. It, the K-90, has in my opinion the the best quality picture. It is easy to use and weighs about 4lbs. This camera was also recently tested, along with the other manufacturers, and excepted by the US Navy as their TI camera. You can get more information on the K-90 and the testing by calling ISG Tailsman at 1-877-733-3473. We also have a Bullard that the state of NJ gave us. The picture clarity is no where as clear as the K-90, plus it is much heavier than the K-90.

Try them all.

Good Luck

MFFJoe
    Firehouse.com Guest

We use a Bullard TIC and are vary satisfied with it. We document each deployment and in eight months it has been used about 40 times (without complaint). I foresee my department making future purchases, hopefully of the same model.

jab1415
    Firehouse.com Guest

Our department uses the Scott Eagle camera, we've had it for about two years.

LisbonTrainingOfficr
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs up

Scott Eagle, Works great. Saved a pit bull with it the first month we had it. Great tool.

stephen
    Firehouse.com Guest

Smile

We just purchased (4) bullard TIC one for each company. Last night was the 2nd night of introduction classes into the basic operation, maintance, and theory behind the cameras. The cameras were handed out after the last class and now the real training will begin.

firemedic01
    Firehouse.com Guest

We use Scott Eagle. It works excellent and have had no problems.

gordoffemt
    Firehouse.com Guest

Talking

We have the MSA Evolution 4000. It was purchased for us by our county council. I personally liked the Bullard better but our county Fire Chief's Assn. recommended the MSA. In a demo for the 2 units in front of one of the city councils and a bunch of FFs, the Bullard guy threw his unit across the floor, picked it up and showed that it was still working. The MSA guys wouldn't toss theirs. Since it was given to us no one complained very loudly about not getting the Bullard. Don't get me wrong, the MSA is nice and we've used it a few times with success. It has not been used on any working fires yet though. I guess that's a good thing.

morriss
    Firehouse.com Guest

Smile

We hav a Bullard and have not had a problem. We like the unit and will probably buy another within the next year.

FFJB45
    Firehouse.com Guest

our department bought the MSA Evolution 4000 TIC but it has been locked up in our chief's office ever since

------------------
    FFJB45

William Moran
    Firehouse.com Guest

We purchased the FireFlir hands free TIC about eight months ago. It seems to be a good camera, it takes some getting used to. When we purchase another(TIC)it will probably be hand held.
    Good luck,
    Stay safe.

no_name_FF
    Firehouse.com Guest

We use the NJ "free" Bullard. So far has been great!

------------------
    The above is MY OPINION only and not that of anyone else. I am not representing any organization in making a post here!!!!

alaskafireman
    Firehouse.com Guest

My fire department and our mutual aid fire department both purchased ISI Vision 3 TIC's. They are very easy to use, just push the on/off button, and durable. We use it all the time and even have a tv/vcr hooked up with a trasmitter to record what the guy on the TIC sees. The IC loves being able to see what the interior crew sees and we also use the video to debrief/critique calls. It even survived a ceiling collapse that occurred on March 30 when my chief and I were inside. Got it all on video.

OLE
    Firehouse.com Guest

Angry

We have an ISI and it's been out of service for a long time. The big selling point for us was that if it were to need fixing, we would have one in our station no later than 24 hours. We never did get one to use and it finally came back 2 weeks later!

FIREMAN203
    Firehouse.com Guest

OUR DEPARTMENT HAS 5 MSA 4000
    THEY WORK VERY WELL

medtranz
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs down

Well my dept is still without a tic.We can't afford one yet.

------------------
    It is more to it than putting the wet stuff on the red stuff.

Thread Information