Default ISI Thermal Imaging Cameras

We just recieved 2 ISI cameras. Does any one out there have them? I would like any feedback on them you might have.[pros or cons] They are not in service yet, as we need to be trained on them. Thank you.

Stay Safe

We purchased an ISI Vision 4 years ago and had many problems with it. A spot would appear in the middle of the picture. The worst part was that they sent it overseas to repair it. I believe that we did this 3 times. Each time it was gone for several months with no loaner. We now have had 2 ISG Talisman for about 4 months and have not had any problems. The picture is of much better quality than the ISI. This may just be because of the better technology in the last few years.
    However a sister city has several ISI Vision 2's and their guys once told me that they weren't having any problems.

Be safe and God bless

The ISI Vision and the Vision2 program were both done through ISG and were handled through such. The ISG talisman is the newer generation of the earlier Vision and Vision2 units.

Thanks for the feedback TNFireman & fireman_387. I haven't seen the units yet, the Chief has them at his home playing with them. We get trained on them in a week or so? I will let you know the model and how they are. Thanks again.

Stay Safe

MembersZone Subscriber

I was told we have an ISI Viking. Don't know if he meant Vision. We had a problem with the thermo reader screwed up after a training fire after we first got it. But we sent it out, recieved a loaner, and haven't had a problem since we got it back. We get a good video feed from within 150 ft, unless it's within a large fishing vessel.

It is a little large and heavy, but the guys like it alot and it's very easy to transfer between firefighters. And super easy to use.

The batteries seem to last quite a while also. I haven't heard any complaints.
    Living & Working Hard in Alaska
    http://sewardfire.com

My dept purchased 3 cameras, 2 have been without problem but one has been a nightmare. After the purchase one of our people droped it from their hands and busted it. Sent it out for repairs without a loner and the repairs seemed to take forever to complete and return camera to service. After that they same camera also suffered again at the experienced hands of a firefighter who mistakenly put the battery for the camera in upside down and closed it. If you look at the pin connections for power you will see that this kind of treatment busted the pins. This has had to be sent out now 3 times, first time they resodered the pins to the board but that only lasted a week before it busted again (normal use). Second time they replaced the board i believe but for some reason it stoped working again (no reported damage). This time same problem just doesnt work. It is still out of serivce at this time with an unknown return date. Camera has earned more frequent flyer miles then a traveling salesman. Been out for repairs more then inservice. And to top it off the thermometer on the camera doesnt function and is being repaired as well (2 for 1 deal). On the up side I imagine if we didn't fumble it our problems would be non existant. My complaint is the repair time and repair work hasn't meet expectations (considering the cost). The cameras that work have saved butts, property and time. My rating is a good camera but poor service. Our camera operated like an old back injury, you can correct it but it just seems to pop back up when you dont need it to. Hey Capt 49-4 your not to far from me maybe you can give me a call at my office if you want 248 364 6759

Take care

Mike D.

Had training on our new ISI NAVIGATOR imaging camara yesterday. Nice unit, easy to use, nice features. It's a bit heavy, but with the pistol grip and hand straps its easy to handle. the feathers include, pause button, to save the battery which the rep. said will last 3-6 hrs. Spare battery with charger with 110v & cig lighter cord, also 2 pos. zoom. Easy viewing screen. Our main use will be for hot spots and smoke investigations I would imagine. I will keep posted any problems we have .

Stay Safe

we looked at ISI vision 3 and ISG Talisman 90
    after hearing from neighboring department about service and repair problems we bought an ISG Talisman 90. The ISI Vision 3 that our neighboring department bought has been at the factory for repairs since April, about a month after they bought it, also no loaner camera.

cap... Where are you from? I tried to e-mail you personally but you have that hidden too... That's not a normal policy of ISI (or any other mfg) to leave cameras out of service for 6 months. I would be glad to check into it for your neighbor.

Get the MSA I realy like it.

Thread Information