Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bullard TICs

Default Bullard TICs

Just met with a Bullard rep. Meeting was unexpected and short, but I was impressed. He brought a Bullard MX and the new T3. Would like to hear from other depts. who have purchased one of these, or any Bullard camera. Would like to know about camera as well as service after the purchase. Also any fundraising ideas would be a great help. Thanks!

We have 2 of the Bullard MX and really cant say anything bad about them. Excellent definition, good battery life, good charging system, and easy to locate buttons. I have used the Scott and Argus with only a negative to the Argus. The only suggestion I have is to remove the shoulder strap from the front D-ring (it tends to flop in front of the camera).

JJ Baganz
    FF/Paramedic

We have two Bullard MX and two Bullard BST thermal imagers. They are like the Timex watch...they take a lickin' and keep on tickin'! Ours have been dropped, bounced around in a compartment (the case opened up)
    and they still work.

I had an opportunity to try the new T3 at the Worcester Fire Safety Seminar show. one word...nice!
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

We have two bullards, not sure which model they are, they are the bigger, yellow/green ones. They've been great. Only question is, we bought them about a month before the new, smaller, less expensive model came out. Why didn't the rep tell us that these were about to come out. Kind of sucks, but the ones we have work very well. Temperature gauge is an added plus for overhaul and other places where a heat gun is needed.

Stay Safe

Forum Member

Our department has 28 Bullard MX Cameras. They have performed very well so far. We had a few minor problems in the beginning with the cameras but Bullard and the dealer have been very responsive to our problems and concerns. I would not hesitate to purchase the Bullards again.
    Lt. Dan

To PA Volunteer. T3 is a great, basic, down and dirty firefighters camera and less expensive but does not have many of the features of the MX, hence the price difference. There are applications for both cameras. MX for temp measurement (size up, overhaul, haz-mat) and T3 for basic thermal imaging (fire attack and rescue).

We just purchased the Bullard MX- a demo unit for about $3k less that new- it has an all new shell and the same warranty- we are just starting to utilize it but its great so far.

Forum Member

Smile

Our dept has 2 Bullard TICs. Both are Tlx models (the original design) with the built in transmitter. We purchased them a year apart, and I believe we've had them for about 2 years and 1 year respectfully.

They've been great, no problems whatsoever. Kinda hard to judge Bullard's service because of that fact, but I guess that's a testimonial to the quality of these units.

Forum Member

I realize that this thread is about nine years old, but just in case anyone else is looking for some information on bullard cameras. They are great... And unbelievably durable. Actually a lot of times just to show how tough they are the dealers/ sales reps will purposely drop them on the ground to show you. plus they are extremely well put together and thought out

Thread Information