Vinny Del Giudice
    Firehouse.com Guest

Smile

WWFD86 -- Looks like most of the systems in that area are 800 Mhz trunked. But Visiting Fireman also lists the following for Orlando city fire -- 453.050 Mhz dispatch and 453.150 Mhz fireground. Maybe they simulcast. If you want I can provide trunked frequencies, or I think you can find them on the web ... There's some kind of site for 800 Mhz scanning. I'm not sure of URL. Thanks. Vinny.

kfdffrab
    Firehouse.com Guest

Hello Vinny,
    Great idea! I am a career industrial EMT/firefighter with Eastman Kodak Company in Rochester N.Y.. I am also a voluteer EMT/FF with the North Greece Fire Dept. I have been with Kodak Fire for 3.5 years and a volunteer with various departments throughout N.Y. for 17 years. I enjoy collecting firetruck toys and reading fire/ems books. Thanks for all the book titles! I would also be interested in hearing more from the FF in NZ. As well as other departments aroound the world. Keep up the good work! Stay safe.

Roger

Vinny Del Giudice
    Firehouse.com Guest

Smile

Many thanks Roger. Please spread the word about the Fire Buffs' Firehouse on www.firehouse.com. What is the set up at Kodak FD? Appartus? Shifts? Fire runs? EMS/ Hazmat? Happy holidays! Vinny

kfdffrab
    Firehouse.com Guest

Talking

Hello Vinny,
    The Kodak FD. is interesting, being one of the largest industrial fire departments in the world (Kodak is one of the largest chemical plants in the northeast). We work a 2 day 2 night (12 hour shifts) then we have 4 days off. It is a great schedule. Kodak Rochester currently has 2 plants, Kodak Park which is where the film and chemicals are made, and Kodak Elmgrove where the single use cameras are made. Kodak Elmgrove has 1 station with 1- command vehicle, 2-pumpers and 1 hazmat truck, for outside responses. For inside the plant (12 bldgs all connected, 5 other bldgs separate) there is an inside command vehicle, an electric ambulance, an electric rescue/support vehicleand a gas powered 3 speed inside pumper. Elmgrove runs around 800 calls annually. Kodak Park has 2 stations that protect about 260 bldgs, Sta #1 houses an ALS fly car, BLS ambulance, and a pumper which carrys 825 gallons foam concentrate, 300 gallons water. Sta #2 houses BLS ambulance, a huge Hazmat response truck, a pumper with a 65 ft aerial and 100 gal foam concentrate, and a reserve pumper which is a twin to the one at Sta #1. All our vehicles carry D-units now as well. Kodak Park runs around 2500 calls annually. We have 92 personnel all together in the dept. Most of our calls are EMS next is hazmat and ocasionally we have a fire. We also go mutual aid to the surrounding communities as well as call in mutual aid if we get busy. We are also on the response to the Greater Rochester International Airport strictly as a foam supply. Well I think I have rambled on enough for now, I hope I haven't bored you to death. It is an interesting job and I love it. Happy Holidays to you and yours! Roger

[This message has been edited by kfdffrab (edited December 09, 1999).]

[This message has been edited by kfdffrab (edited December 09, 1999).]

Lt.Houck
    Firehouse.com Guest

Hello everyone,
    My name is Jason, I am currently Captain with the barrington volunteer fire company in south jersey. (I know my screen name says LT i just don't feel like changing in) I love to buff jobs. I really enjoy shooting pictures and have a pretty good collection started since I got my camera last may. My girlfriend has gotten into it to, and I just bought her a camera for christmas. she has used mine before and taken some incredible shots so I figured she was ready for her own. Heres my info if anybody out there whats to get in touch with me.

Name Jason Houck
    Email: jas9101@aol.com
    fh Name: Lt.Houck
    Barrington Fire Company Captain
    South Jersey

e33
    Firehouse.com Guest

IN the video department I recommend "Buffalos Bravest" available thru FSP publications www.fire-police-ems.com . This is a raw frontline video where you ride with a ladder co and the choef to several good workers and see fires before companies have gone into operation. Rescue made in one fire. Good unedited real action video...buy it!

------------------
    The opinions and views expressed herin are solely mine and not on the behalf of any department or organization I belong to.

Vinny Del Giudice
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs up

Roger: Thanks for the GREAT report on the Kodak Fire Dept. in Rochester. Sounds like a great job. Cheers and happy new year. Vinny.

kfdffrab
    Firehouse.com Guest

Same to you and yours Vinny. It is a great job!!

seagraves-100
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs up

Go for it Vinny,its about time to start blowing our own horns with humor,tales,stories,tips and just about anything else we can think of.
    seagraves-100

------------------

Forum Member

Default fire buff & collector from Moscow, Russia

if anyone is interested in fire buffs from Russia, please see my web page www.fire.ru and you are very welcome to get in touch.
    Denis Sebentsov
    ds[at}fire.ru

Thread Information