Forum Member

Default Robinson Fire Apparatus

I've been working on a database for Robinson Fire Apparatus Co. of St. Louis. From what I can tell, they must have gone out of business in 1917 as I haven't come up with a delivery after that date. The file is pretty small at this point, but I would appreciate any input that you might have. If you are even aware of any towns that had a Robinson, but you don't have any solid information, I would like to know. Thanks!

Forum Member

Arrow

Still plugging away on this database. If anyone would like an email copy, or if you have any information I'm waiting to hear from you!

Forum Member

Cool Robinson Fire Apparatus Photo

For those of you that may have never seen a Robinson, here is a 1910 chemical & hose truck that was delivered to Cortland, New York. Drop me a line if you have any Robinson information....
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Forum Member

Cool Robinson Info

I received several replies regarding this topic and my data base is growing. I'm still trying to obtain additional information, so if you can tell me about any Robinson apparatus, drop me a line!

Forum Member

Cool Robinson Information!

I'm still receiving information regarding this ongoing project. Thanks to all who have taken the time to email. Attached is a postcard image showing Engine 12 of the Patterson, New Jersey FD with their Robinson rig.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

This one is the only Robinson I've ever seen - it was originally owned by the Globe, AZ Fire Dept, and sold to the town of Gila Bend, AZ after Globe's receipt of a 500 series LaFrance. When Globe owned it, it was white with several murals depicting local landmarks and industry.

Forum Member

Thumbs up Surviving Robinson Rigs

The Globe/Hila Bend rig is only one of 4 surviving examples that I've found out about at this point. Staunton, Virginia has their 1911 Robinson pumper. There was an incomplete Robinson rig advertised for sale in California about 6 months ago (never got any additional information) and in sioux City, Iowa there is a Robinson body that was transferred to a couple of newer chassis by the FD. It is now on a 1935 International.

Thank you for the input FFPug163!

Forum Member

Been a long time from your original thread;
    I am interested if your compilations have been completed for the Robinson Fire Apparatus.
    Any way to view your work?

last year I visited the Staunton,Va. Dept. Jumbo beaut. One of their chiefs openly stated it belonged in a more protective museum environment - simply gorgeous and most rare! He also viewed my four blueprints of the Monarch; the newer brother of the Jumbo, of connecting rod, steam pump and side/top view of the truck and other parts. The blue
    prints are stamped with the name/address of C. J. Cross. Cross was general sales manager for American La France circa 1906 and later opened a tire and tractor co. to retrofit all the horse pulled trucks. He eventually sold for Robinson as an agent.

Fire equipment production/competition was as keen back in 1911 (while Orville Wright did his final glider tests at Kill Devil Hills) as it is today!

Thread Information