640SATFD
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool St. Albans Town Fire Department

Fellow Firefighters,

I figured I'd let you in on what we're doing up here in Vermont. We are a Paid-Call department totalling 30 members. We surround the City of St. Albans which is a Paid Full Time Department. Both Communities are totally separate manicupalities.

We run with a 1995 Central States 1250 Engine on a International 4900 series Chassis. Second out is our 1975 Custom Maxium with 1500 gpm pump. With respect to Fire protection these units are accompanied by 3 Chevrolet C70, 2000 gallon tankers. This is Finished out with a one Air/Water Rescue Truck.

Our rescue efforts don't stop here. With the Dive Equipment and Environmental suits comes our 19 foot Bayliner that we use occassionally on Lake Champlain to assist the Vermont State Police and U.S. Coast Guard.

More importantly with rescueis our Medium Duty Rescue that provides service to 7 surrounding communities. This 1994 Chevrolet CK3500 4X4 series with a Dingee Walk Around rescue Body. This unit is our all around truck. It provides a Command Post. Extension Lighting, Hurst Extrication Tools, Air Bags, Hand Tools, Stokes Basket, Medical Equipment, Cribbing, and Scott SCBA.

As the community grows each year we seem busier and busier with a total of 320 calls last year.

Let me know what you folks have in common and what your doing differently. I am new to this forum and feel that this is an outstanding asset and am very happy with what I've seen to this point.

Keep PPV your friend not your enemy. . .

GB

Romania
    Firehouse.com Guest

640SATFD, Welcome, I am familier with St. Albans. I raced many of the monday night triathlons outside of town while I lived in VT.

------------------
    Alan Romania, CEP
    romania@uswest.net
    IAFF Local 3449

My Opinions do not reflect the opnions of the IAFF or Local 3449.

Thread Information