Matt
    Firehouse.com Guest

Post New Albany Fire Department, New Albany IN

Greetings.

A little info about myself, and my FD.

I am 32, I have been in the fire service for 16 yrs now. Started as a Volunteer, and then got a job with New Albany City.

I have been with NAFD for 10 yrs, and currently hold the rank of Sergeant.

New Albany Fire Dept. is a fully paid department. All of our 78 members belong to the IAFF, and the New Albany Professional Firefighters Union.

We staff 5 stations with 5 engines, 1 truck, 1 ambulance/squad, and 1 on duty ***'t Chief.

We have 2 aux. engines, 1 aux truck, and 1 aux ambulance, with several other different service/support vehicles.

Suppresion works a 56 hour work week, that breaks down to 3 24 hour shifts, with a day off in between, then 4 days off.

We cover approximatly 15 sq miles, with a population of about 41,000.

Light industry, commercial, and residential.

Engines ride with 3, and the truck co. rides with a minimum of 3. But on good days we have 5.

A box assignment in New Albany consists of 2 engines, the truck, the squad, and the Chief.

We have a new administration taking office this year. Fire Chief Frank Kirk Jr. will be
    Chief of Department. Congratulations to Chief Kirk, and his staff. They will do a fantastic job.

One of his goals is to expand the dept.
    There is talk of another engine, truck, and squad, that will come with annexation.

Sgt. Matt Bowyer
    Engine Co. 4
    NAFD

Capt551
    Firehouse.com Guest

You you have any openings? Desparately looking for a Firefighting job!

Thread Information