nstamp14
    Firehouse.com Guest

Question IRIS CAMERA MOUNTING'S

My dept has a hand held unit and a helmet unit. We are trying to compile ideas on mounting them in the crew cab area for easy access, but also safe storing so the units are not damaged. Any ideas or methods you use would be greatly appreciated.

------------------

Skidz
    Firehouse.com Guest

nstamp14,

I would like to offer you our method of mounting our hand held. Many companies in Montgomery County use the Performance Advantage Company's Handlelok 1004-2 or, something similar to that. If you look on Page 125 of January 2001 Fire Engineering Magazine you will find what I am talking about.

SKIDZZ

------------------
    PROUD, PROFESSIONAL, PROGRESSIVE

Member IAFF Local 1664
    esfpd444@starpower.net

pipemen
    Firehouse.com Guest

look in to getting a pelican camera case it will cost you about 100 bucks but when you clip the latches tight you can floot a guy in the middle of the lake it is so water tight and you can throw it out the window and the case will not break unless you run it over with a fire truck.

Originally posted by nstamp14:
    My dept has a hand held unit and a helmet unit. We are trying to compile ideas on mounting them in the crew cab area for easy access, but also safe storing so the units are not damaged. Any ideas or methods you use would be greatly appreciated.

Thread Information