Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    engboy
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs up Paramedics on TLC

Do you agree or disagree with the show about paramedics on The learning Channel? I think it is pretty good. It lets people see what paramedics do on a daily basis.

Fire Chick 222
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool

Im a fire explorer, interested in EMS too, so i always watch "Paramedics" on TLC. i think its a good show too. Its real, to some extent since its edited, but it shows what really goes on out there. Shows like ER or Third Watch are good in my opinion, but they add in the soap opera feel with the romance drama. and everything is staged. so i like Paramedics because its real, and you see how certain things affect the paramedics. They get a chance to talk about their feelings.
    ~erika~

------------------
    "STAND BACK 500 FEET"

TM
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

It's a great show, Nothing is rehearsed everything you see is real and goes on every day. There's no big hollywood produced yelling cut after a bad take. That's as real as it will get unless you are an actual Paramedic. Real Life, Real Trauma

FirescueBob
    Firehouse.com Guest

Smile

As a Firefighter/EMT-I, I find the show very informative. Real life at it's gory worst. Do I let my kids watch it? NO! But - I do watch it every chance I get. Sometimes I do see some things that I question.... I just go look up the subject and learn some more about my job.

Stay Safe out there And Take care of each other.

FFCode3EMT
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool

I think that Paramedics is a great show, and enjoy watching it. Nothing will ever come close to teaching the public what we really do, but this is as close to it as it can get. I have had the wonderful opportunity of having two of the paramedics featured on the show teach in my paramedic class, and they were great!

------------------
    **The preceding comments in no way represent the views of my department, its members, or associations that it may belong to.**

CollegeBuff
    Firehouse.com Guest

I'm an "ER" FANATIC, and I also enjoy "Paramedics" very much. Between that show and my summer working in a hospital, much of it spent in the ER (not a trauma center unfortunatly. only scores over 12) I'm seriously thinking about taking an EMT class next summer. Not sure what I'd so with it, especially with a year of college still to go, but it's a start I suppose. Besides, if the Political Science major fails me, I've got something to fall back on, eh?

Neen5029
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs up

I have to agree that I watch the show every chance I get... Since I've only been in this business a little more then a year, my "Big Brother" from my HazMAt team suggested that I watch shows like PAramedics & Trauma to see if this is the business that I really wanted to be a part of. I'm glad that I did... Because that combined with the real life experience that I am gaining, I finally found my place... on the rig, and on the engine.

Take Care!!!
    ~~Neen

Brian Dunlap
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs up

Great Show "Two Thumbs Up" Wish somebody would produce a show on TLC Titled "FIREFIGHTERS" and film it along the same lines as PARAMEDICS....Whats everybody think about that ?

Neptune 33
    Firehouse.com Guest

That is a great idea!

------------------
    Neptune 33

daysleeper47
    Firehouse.com Guest

I just caught my first episode of Paramedics on TLC and think it is a really good show. It gives people an inside look, which I like. I think Brian is right, there needs to be a show called Firefighters. That's all I have to say about that

------------------
    Joe
    Daysleeper47
    "When the bell goes ding-ding, its time to get on the woo-woo."

firehat87
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs up

I enjoy the show, but I would also like to see a similar show on firefighters. I'm getting kind of tired of TV's love affair with EMS, emergency rooms, and cops. Not that I don't like those shows, just that I wish they'd do something besides that terrible 3rd Watch that featured firefighters.

------------------
    In Omnia Paratus

TM
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs up

I agree there are too many cop dramas on TV, Hollywood finds it easier to make a show about some dirty cop insteqad of making a show about some heroic Firefighter risking his life day in and day out. TLC has shown a couple of shows involving the Fire Service not just EMS there was one that aired called Inside the Inferno

RookieFireFighter
    Firehouse.com Guest

Here in Canada, Inferno is shown every Saturday on the Life Network. I catch it every once in awhile, and it seems to be all recreations and dramatizations.
    http://www.lifenetwork.ca/show.asp?ShowID=118

RookieFireFighter
    Firehouse.com Guest

[This message has been edited by RookieFireFighter (edited 12-14-2000).]

Thread Information