Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    TM
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs up Thrid Watch Fourm

With Third Watch beginning it's second season on NBC this Monday I would like to start a fourm where you post your opinion about that night's thrid watch epsiode. So we sahll begin on Monday.

URSULAFORHAN
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs up

Yeah! Though it's the romance line that's driving us crazy. What's that idiot female paramedic doing, going back to the compulsive gambler ex-husband when she could have Bobby for the asking?
    It does seem like the cops have more moral dilemnas in the line of work to face than the firefighters--- wonder if that's true to life?
    I did wonder how often EMTs run into protective animals as fierce as that cockatoo. I know my dog (malamute/airdale mix) won't let ANYONE near me he doesn't trust when I'm sick or injured. Luckily, he likes all the folks in our dept. My ex-husband, now, that's another story.

TruroFAO
    Firehouse.com Guest

Wink

Great show, Third Watch. I'm not sure, though, how I feel about them focusing more on the characters this season. We'll see. And just for kicks- am I the only one who sees Engine 57 is an E-One? FDNY uses Seagraves and Macks only.

daysleeper47
    Firehouse.com Guest

Ahhhh...TruroFAO,
    That is where you are wrong...engine 47(I think) was an E-One for several years. FDNY ordered it to be a spec. model for future orders. It never came through and the E-One stayed for about 2 years before the Seagrave replaced it. It was made to FDNY specs though and some were quite happy with it...but only a few, from what I understand, the E47 crew didnt like it that much, so it bit the dust.

------------------
    Joe
    Daysleeper47
    "When the bell goes ding-ding, its time to get on the woo-woo."

Neptune 33
    Firehouse.com Guest

Lightbulb

Did anyone catch the number on that Squad that was at the accident? Squad 55, they can never seem to get out of the 55 District! BTW, daysleeper is right, the FDNY had an E-One in 1996 that was shifted into every borough, but I guess the companies didn't care for it.

------------------
    Neptune 33

TM
    Firehouse.com Guest

Smile

First of all stop the E-One bashing all three of my city's engien compnay's are E-ones there nice and spacious, Seagrave if you have a crew of over four there to small E-ones hold up to ten firefighters. One thing is where is the Engine company half the time they sgolud roll with the bus on an EMS call. "BOY 55"

TM
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

Hello any one out there, So people tell me what you though tbaout last nights thrid wathc epsiode 10-17-00, Tell me what you thought

FF McDonald
    Firehouse.com Guest

The E-one engine that you are talking about was built with a raised roof -- the E-One that NBC is currently using is on loan to them from E-One -- it has a flat roof, in order to look more like the Seagrave's that NYC uses.

TM- NYC fire apparatus don't need to hold 10 firefighters - they hold a crew of 5, and henceforth don't need huge crew cabs found on other apparatus. E-One did bid with all the other apparatus manufacturers-- they just didn't win the bid.

I just hope that the producers of the show remember that the Fire Department is also included in the show-- and start showing some Fire!!

------------------

Marc

"In Omnia Paratus"

-- The opinions presented here are my own; and are not those of any organization that I belong to, or work for.

Neptune 33
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool

Patience is Key! Next week, (10/23) Jimmy comes back, the show focus' on him, so it'll be with the Firefighters!

------------------
    Neptune 33

Neen5029
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool

Finally somewhere where I can hear more about Third Watch then... "Bosco is just the cutest!!!" Although I do have to agree that Bobby and Kimmie should be a couple rather then Kimmie and Jimmy.

As far as last week, what did you all think about Doc's trying to cope with racism etc. I live and work in an area that has a high concentration of hispanics, and the only thing that I find frustrating is that I can't always understand them when I'm trying to treat them...

Anyway, let's keep our fingers crossed that tonight will be as good as the preview looked!

Stay safe ~~Neen

TruroFAO
    Firehouse.com Guest

Smile

Hiya-
    Sorry about the E-One thing. I didn't mean to make it appear like I was bashing them. Several departments around us have E-One rigs. The federal fire dept in Columbus uses a teriffic Hurricane model platform tower. One of the best ladders in the city.

I remember that the one E-One was used a few years ago, but that it just didn't fit in....

All of a sudden, they went from Engine 57 to Squad 55? I could see if they went from 57 Engine to 57 Squad, but why the number change too? Just food for thought...

I'm not sure I like the big focus on characters this season...I think I liked it more last season...And get a load of the truck they use for Ladder 100. I single axle...wow...

Better watch my P's and Q's now, John is just up the way at John Caroll...

Thoe1
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs up

what show was the new girl on or where did she come from, she looks familiar

------------------
    Your doing it right if your doing it
    FOR HIM !!!

The Ultimate Firehouse

T-hoe's Fire Protection Page

USAF Firedawgs

[This message has been edited by Thoe1 (edited October 24, 2000).]

Thoe1
    Firehouse.com Guest

UPDATE to my last post

She was on FALCONE !!

------------------
    Your doing it right if your doing it
    FOR HIM !!!

The Ultimate Firehouse

T-hoe's Fire Protection Page

USAF Firedawgs

[This message has been edited by Thoe1 (edited October 24, 2000).]

TM
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs up

First of all Engine 57 did appear in last night's episode on the first fire scene you could see it parked in front of Ladder 100. Besides in the cbas where are the headsets that they where in the rigs. I hate Bosco he is annoying. I think that Doc let his emotions get the best of him. All three Engine's that Monrovia FD uses Engine's 101, 102 and 201 are all E-ones they last a long time we just got rid of our old type 3 1974 E-one Brush rig

CollegeBuff
    Firehouse.com Guest

That whole fire sequence made very little sense. Jimmy comes from inside the building to work the hydrant? Where was the operator? Then with the woman ff at the rear with the victim. I'll assume for the time being that she was correct in not venting until they had water. But if the victim broke the window, why didn't the backdraft happen then (if that's what it was) instead of when she opened the interior door? Anybody?

Neptune 33
    Firehouse.com Guest

What was with Squad 55? When did they change? I'm glad they are with the FD now, but I hope they work out the bugs!

------------------
    Neptune 33

ADSN/WFLD
    Firehouse.com Guest

In reference to the change from Engine to Squad, I would have to guess the tech advisors suggested it. A FDNY "Squad" is an Engine with the majority of equipment that a Truck carries. I't my understanding that they can do both tasks on the fireground. The choice was probably made to give the actors more to do.

Third Watch is the best portrayal of the life of the fireservice and its members since Emergency. It's entertainment, not a training video, sit back and enjoy.

SMVFDE
    Firehouse.com Guest

Question

TM... I think we are talking about the same Monrovia FD but I know engine 41 is a 1999 E-One. I run out of staion 41 and I am pretty happy with the engine. Does anyone know how many women are on FDNY??

Exploder (I don't know how I got that name)
    Aaron

Neptune 33
    Firehouse.com Guest

I thought about that after I posted, they probably did switch to Squad 55 because of the fact they then would carry the Jaws and do pretty much anything on the fire grounds.

------------------
    Neptune 33

TM
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool

E-101 to E-41 meet me ate dept profiles so we can have our own little fourm, You'll see me E-41 acknowledge

Thread Information