Administrator

Post Third Watch - Monday, Feb 26

Feel free to discuss tonight's episode of Third Watch here...Monday, Feb. 26, the cliffhanger episode from Bobby's shooting.

And look for exciting items from Third Watch, including an autohgraphed script of the pilot episode, when Firehouse.com's Auctions launch soon!

Thanks
    WebTeam

Neptune 33
    Firehouse.com Guest

Angry

Feel free to discuss it huh? well it stank. How many characters on this show are we going to hurt? A main character!? I just don't understand, and yes, I realize it's just a show, but yet I somehow felt myself pulling for Bobby to survive, and it looked like he would, and then they kill him??? so who's going to replace him?

Haligan125
    Firehouse.com Guest

That just stinks. I liked bobby, he was a good medic. It was a good show but I had hoped he would have lived.

Haligan125
    Firehouse.com Guest

you don;t survive a pericardial tamponade

WTFDFF10
    Firehouse.com Guest

It's a tribute to these actors and writers abilities that the show can provoke such strong reactions!

I too am sorry to see that character go but I thought it was a good episode. Well written and well acted.

bke
    Firehouse.com Guest

Angry

I just finished watching the episode. Don't get me wrong, I love the show. But I agree with Neptune 33. How many cast members are they going to shoot???

------------------
    Brian K. Everett Jr.

wannabe-EMT
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs up

I, like many others, I'm sure, am sad to see Bobby Cannavale's character of Bobby Caffey die.

In no way, however, is that going to make me stop saying, "Damn, that was a good show." I ranted and raved about the previous episode where the car full of teenagers overturned and caught fire -- and I think this one topped it. I won't go off on a tangent about how that last sequence was borderline perfection, but it was.

Way to go, "Third Watch!"

firenresq77
    Firehouse.com Guest

I know Bobby Canavale wanted to leave the show, but I thought they were going to have him live so he could come back if he wanted.

They had been leading up to it by showing how he was getting burnt out saying "We're just the middleman" and all that. So I thought he was going to need a break or explore a career change.

By the way, I know in the Third Watch Fan site, people were asking what the name of the song they were playing at the end was. It was "Only Time", by Enya

Medic700
    Firehouse.com Guest

I think it was good show just that Bobby wont have a chance to come back to the show if he wants to later on will make it bad...he had a good character. I will miss him on the show...I was on my toes the whole time and hoping that he would actually survive.

Medic700

Tinylad
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs up

OUT F-ING STANDING!!
    I was rivited to my seat. Congrats to Cullack and Wells for that episode. While I don't know their motives I love seeing a REAL show about not only the work that we (cops ffs and ems) do but the real emotions that we go through. Three years ago I nearly lost my life in the line of duty and just recently lost my Dad (49) to cancer. This episode made me ball my eyes out. Something not easily done. The hole thing about the service and the father son relationship had me sobbing like a little girl while looking over my two infant sons swearing that I would never let them down. Congrats again to the producers and writers for an amazing show. Can't wait to see whats next.
    Remember guys and gals this is why we do this. It is who we are.
    Be safe all.

------------------
    Because if we don't, who will?
    Tiny

Eng522ine
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs up

That was the best damned thing I've seen on TV since Henry Blake died on M*A*S*H. That's the only other time a TV show made me cry. Now, I don't mean bawlin like a baby, but there were a few tears. Third Watch is probably the best PR the fire service gets in the main-stream media, not to mention it's pretty damn accurate as far as TV shows go. Since the show came on, friends of mine say they finally have a better understanding what can actually happen on calls.

firefighter280
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

I have watched every Third Watch epsidoe since the show started. I must say that last nights show was the best I have seen from this drama. I am away at college and I was telling my roommate, "I think I am going to cry." The show is very riviting. It finally shows the average person just how dangerous our jobs are and that on any given call God may say that it is our time to go. I am sad to see Bobby Caffey go though. He was a good character for the show. His presence will be missed severly. I also congratulate Chulack and Wells on the music picked for this episode. The ending was very sad and the music ballad fit perfectly. The show last night made me say a little prayer for every fire, ems, and police personel around the world that god keep us safe from harm everyday and look over us even more closely while we are on the job.
    Derrick Wilmering

Fire, EMS, Police- We fight what you fear, so that everyday you may stay out of harms way. God Bless everyone one of us!

CFD14
    Firehouse.com Guest

Sounds like I missed a good episode due to a fully involved two- or rather four-car garage if you count the two cars under the lean-to. I hope someone taped it, otherwise I'll have to wait for the reruns.

ALSfirefighter
    Firehouse.com Guest

While I have to say I got a little tired of the everyone getting shot but the cops storyline. It did grab me following that. I thought this was going to be a way of pulling Bobby and Kim together. Everyone knew they loved each other. And she got me in tears with the "Mom, Bobby's gone" and then the "Mommy" she blurted out. No one would say it, but it kinda made ya look at your partners you work with and get that rock of what if its was one of them or me. I was actually shocked they killed him off. In fact I didn't even know he was gonna leave the show. But I'm definately glad my kimmi with that cute skinny little butt isn't gone.

firebeach406
    Firehouse.com Guest

I agree it was a good show, but Bobby was the fourth person from that station to be shot. Does FDNY have anykind of body armor policy? And before you say anything, I know he wasn't on a call, but if you don't wear it, it doesn't work!

CollegeBuff
    Firehouse.com Guest

If you people want good, tear-jerking drama with award-winning actors, excellent direction, and phenomenal writing, you need to watch ER. Third Watch... I've watched it, and while I'm sure they work hard to make it a quality show, it's kid stuff compared to the folks at County General. Just my 2 Lincolns.

Captain420
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs up

I think last nights show was written very well and I hated that thought that Bobby was kill cause I just had a friend of mine died from a vehicle accident, but when I found out that Bobby was dead my friend was the first person I thought of. But all in all it was a great show.

[This message has been edited by Captain420 (edited 02-27-2001).]

Engine 101
    Firehouse.com Guest

Exclamation

Wow!, That was one very powerfull and emtional episode of 3rd Watch, I talked with a few people who said by the time the show ended that they were in tears!, That was one very mvoing episode especially the ending all day I have thinking about it, Man that has to of been the best episode of 3rd Watch that I think I will ever see, What an episode, Just the ending was so heart wrenching that was probaly the best part was that ending and that song they were playing,

jj1967
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

It was probably the best episode that Third Watch has done since the kids in the car. Personall I won't miss Bobby. Am I the only one who REALLY didn't like him or Carlos? (Of course the medics at my station say I never met an EMT that I did like.)

Of course I guess the message is...the safest job in that neighborhood is cop.

daysleeper47
    Firehouse.com Guest

lol...and webteam deletes another post!!! GO WEBTEAM!!

Thread Information