BayRidge60
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool Favorite Firefighting TV Show?????????

Okay boys and girls out there in TV land - What is your all-time favorite firefighting TV show? Out of all the ones I can remember (Emergency!, Code Red, LA Firefighters, Rescue 77, and Third Watch to an extent), I would have to say my favorite is Emergency!. They just don't make 'em like that anymore!

------------------
    Glenn Ralston
    Firefighter/EMT-D
    Bay Ridge Fire-Rescue
    byrdg60@netscape.net

flash32
    Firehouse.com Guest

Rescue 77 was pretty cool and Third Watch is great as far as i'm conserned. Emergeny, well, it was good for its time.

RJE
    Firehouse.com Guest

The one that's on! I'll take what I can get.

bfd1071
    Firehouse.com Guest

Emergency is the best out of all of them. Rescue 77, not even close. LA firefighters, Joke! Third watch, too much like a soap. Emergency, That is the show!

------------------
    ** The opionions are mine and mine alone, they are not that of my dept or the local**

Tinylad
    Firehouse.com Guest

Question

Recently on TNN I have been watching a fire show with Sully from Third Watch and MacGyver but I never catch the beginning. Does anyone know what show this is????

------------------
    Because if we don't, who will?
    Tiny

Jumper1803
    Firehouse.com Guest

Tiny, the show you watched was called "Firehouse". It was produced in 1997.

Brian Dunlap
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool

Absolutely 'EMERGENCY' with out a doubt !!! Watched all the Others and wasn't impressed --- 'RESCUE 77' Yeah...like that kind of stuff happens....'THIRD WATCH' Can't Really Comment because I work "Second Watch" while it is on...'LA FIREFIGHTERS'....I Won't even go there that was an absolute Joke not to mention an insult to Fire/EMS Personnel -- 'CODE RED' was Ok but had it's Soap Oprea Moments and bouts with reality, On a 1-10 Scale I say it rated a 4.5 --- But 'EMERGENCY' is the One Thumbs Up to Roy and Johnny --- I Understand new Script Ideas are on the Block being written by Randolph Mantooth {John Gage} For New Episodes of LA County Fire Dept. Paramedics --- Anybody else hear This ?

Karen Wagner
    Firehouse.com Guest

Talking

Hands down it's EMERGENCY! wins hands down! I am watching it on re-runs and that is the ONLY show that I will NOT allow anyone to talk to me! I am hoping TVLAND will do an EMERGENCY! marathon. Maybe if we all email them, they will

Karen Wagner

SRFD3114
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs up

EMERGENCY!

No doubt about it. No questioning it.

Karen the marathon has been done previously, but who knows they might do another one in the future.

Steve

Engine 101
    Firehouse.com Guest

Originally posted by Brian Dunlap:
    Absolutely 'EMERGENCY' with out a doubt !!! Watched all the Others and wasn't impressed --- 'RESCUE 77' Yeah...like that kind of stuff happens....'THIRD WATCH' Can't Really Comment because I work "Second Watch" while it is on...'LA FIREFIGHTERS'....I Won't even go there that was an absolute Joke not to mention an insult to Fire/EMS Personnel -- 'CODE RED' was Ok but had it's Soap Oprea Moments and bouts with reality, On a 1-10 Scale I say it rated a 4.5 --- But 'EMERGENCY' is the One Thumbs Up to Roy and Johnny --- I Understand new Script Ideas are on the Block being written by Randolph Mantooth {John Gage} For New Episodes of LA County Fire Dept. Paramedics --- Anybody else hear This ?
    With out a doubt was there a better show than Emergency? No!, Well I heard Randy Mantooth was working on a show but no about Paramedics, It's called USAR 1, Based around LA County FD's USAR Team, I also heard that Kevin Tighe might be starring in it, Ah Rescue 77 was ok,I liked that ambulance, LA Firefighters god all that did was disgrace LACoFD, Code Red wasn't around when it was on most likely, 3rd Watch Just a saop opera except with with NYPD and FDNY, The movie Firehouse, Man I thought that was an excellent movie, Except with the apartment blze you could tell the fire was kinda fake, So far Firehouse and Emergency are the best ones I've seen, Hey maybe Firehouse could become a regular show?

Engine 101

alexff67
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool

Emergency the one that started it all.

------------------
    Put The Wet Stuff on The Red Stuff

JimMccarthy
    Firehouse.com Guest

Smile

Hey, any you ol'farts (like me!) remember Rescue 8. Old B & W LA City FD show. Filmed at station 8 on Santa Monica blvd (I think).
    Many, many moons ago. Of course, Emergency was and still is the best. Third Watch (depending on what is going on) is second.

Keep safe,

Jimbo

[This message has been edited by JimMccarthy (edited 03-26-2001).]

DeputyChief673
    Firehouse.com Guest

Talking

I must say EMERGENCY all the way. From the very first time I watched it, it has made me a absolute fan....

firebeach406
    Firehouse.com Guest

Exclamation

I believe Rescue 8 was actually LA County Fire...Similiar to the assignment John Gage was working when he volunteered for the paramedic program.

Another Emergency services show nobody has mentioned was called "Code R". Loosley based on the Channel Islands, I think, with a firefighter/paramedic, police officer, and lifeguard who all worked together in solving the crisis of the week.

JimMccarthy
    Firehouse.com Guest

Beach, you know, I think you are right. That area would be LA County vs City. Anyway, I grew up around there and knew the area around that station pretty well. I also worked at Harbor General (Rampart) as an ER nurse after my Army tour, so I know that group of medics and the area well, also. So, EMERGENCY is like old-home to me.

Keep safe all

Jim RN-C

msharp803
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs up

EMERGENCY is the one hands down!! I remember wanting to be a firefighter SOOOO bad every time I watched the show. My younger brother and myself used to pretend we were defibbing each other (CLEAR!! Zonk!!), and I pretended my Dad's school bus was Engine 51 (lots of switches you know, and RED FLASHING LIGHTS!!). That was when I was 9 or 10, and it took me almost 18 years to fulfill my dream of becoming a Firefighter. I can truly say that it was worth the wait, because even though it doesn't pay, this is my favorite job! Emergency! was the inspiration for that. I like 3RD Watch also, if they don't kill off any more of the main characters! But Emergency! was the 1st and best. For its time, they were able to create some very realistic fire scenes and explosions, like the time the lab with hazardous materials blew up because some idiot was smoking near the LP truck while it was fueling a tank. Thank God for TV Land, where I can take a trip down memory lane every time I watch an episode, and I get to see the ones I missed also. How cool is that?! Roy and Johnny, you guys were and are STILL the men!

------------------
    Captain Mike Sharp
    Washington Parish Fire
    District #8

[This message has been edited by msharp803 (edited 05-03-2001).]

NJJRFF17
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool

EMERGENCY is THE best show in the entire world!!!!!!!!!!!!! i can't get over how they keep their helmets on when they're inside the trucks, but take them off when they get out!!!! i want to do that sooooooooooo bad.

Skaren
    Firehouse.com Guest

Smile

Totally EMERGENCY!! The very reason I am in this business today. I also like Third Watch, but it does sometimes border on soap opera, plus they killed one of my favorite characters! Those bastards. EMERGENCY rules, wish we had TVLand where I live so I could see those reruns.

Karen Shields, Capt.
    FF/EMTI Anderson Alaska VFD

alpha192
    Firehouse.com Guest

Question

There was an old FDNY/NY EMS program from late 70s/early 80s. They ran an old
    American LaFrance and the actor who was the Chief now plays the father on
    Frasher . . . What was the show?

P.S. nothing better than the real thing
    B.B.C.'s "Man Alive" episode "The Bronx is Burning" Dennis Smith leads the B.B.C.
    around E82/T31 as they respond in late 72/early 73 <- I NEED A COPY!

John_Ford
    Firehouse.com Guest

The movie Firehouse, Man I thought that was an excellent movie, Except with the apartment blze you could tell the fire was kinda fake, So far Firehouse and Emergency are the best ones I've seen, Hey maybe Firehouse could become a regular show?

Engine 101

[/B][/QUOTE]
    It was, Starred Richard Jeakel from the movie and some other guys. They put it in LA instead of New York. Lasted a year if I remember right. Pity I kinda liked it.

daysleeper47
    Firehouse.com Guest

Hey Alpha,
    The program you are refering to was on ABC and was called "H.E.L.P."(stood for Harlem Eastside Lifesaving Program). It starred John Mahoney, the dad on "Frasier". I personally don't remember the show, but this topic was also on the FDNY Board. The show was about a FF/PD/EMS joint station. Also in the show was Marjorie Monaghan (Rescue 77) as a firefighter, and Wesley Snipes as a police officer. The show only ran 7 episodes and was on in 1990, not the 70's-80's like you thought. They used a real FDNY rig, a 1980 ALF, reserve rig #510 someone on the FDNY boards said.

------------------
    Joe
    Daysleeper47
    "When the bell goes ding-ding, its time to get on the woo-woo."
    "Dusting desire - starting to learn. Walking through fire with out a burn..."
    Youngstown Fire Department

CHEW33
    Firehouse.com Guest

Emergency all the way. You don't see too many shows stick around this long, and still have such a large following

denny
    Firehouse.com Guest

Talking

**EMERGENCY!!!!!****
    No other can beat it...

My 7 yr old son is hooked on it..
    He's been hooked since at least 5 yrs old..
    Just got the CODE #3 Die Cast Collectible
    Of SQUAD 51 and ENGINE51 CROWN PUMPER..
    TV land just had the EMERGENCY eposide
    were Roy & Gage went to Seattle FD..
    It was an oldie but a goodie..

Third watch is ok but too much on the personnel lives ..

melvin6925
    Firehouse.com Guest

Talking

I definitely remember "Rescue 8". Absolutely the best. No Hurst tools or Telemetry, just good old fashioned hand tools and BLS to get the job done. Seemed realistic to me, but then again I was a kid at the time. I sure do miss that show and have been trying in vain to locate old tapes of it.

------------------
    Melvin Davidson
    Rescue 2
    Wantagh, NY FD

[This message has been edited by melvin6925 (edited 06-13-2001).]

bke
    Firehouse.com Guest

Originally posted by RJE:
    The one that's on! I'll take what I can get.
    Good Firefighting shows are hard to come by. Rescue 77 and L.A. Firefighters were lousy. Third Watch I like because it has Firefighting and Police Work. The EMS part I wasn't that crazy about at first but I have come around. Third Watch has also been good because it is not all doctors and lawyers which I am sick of.
    Emergency is still great but unfortunately we haven't had an episode air here in probably 10 years or more. I was hoping TNN would bring it back since they brought back Starsky and Hutch.
    Oh well.............

Thread Information