Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Default TLC/DISCOVERY Channel petition, please be serious

TLC programing petition:
    subject: fire fighter programs(Lack there of)

Several weeks ago I sent TLC and the Discovery channel an email inquiring about new programing that would be of interest to firemen and anyone that wanted to watch them. I asked if they had any plans of making shows about firefighters and all aspects of the job. I asked them why they make so many programs about police depts, special police units and tons of hospital and EMS shows but almost nothing about the life, equipment and training of firefighters of the United states. I voiced that there should be programing on fire fighters because it is a very interesting job and that many firemen every year give their lives to keep us safe. I said that the numbers may be differant but many fire fighters, police officers and even EMS workers die every year but almost never is the fireman noticed. Almost never do we see programs that let others inside the life of a fireman.

Why is the fireman forgotten when it comes to these programs?? Why is the fireman not seen as a person of honor the way police officers are? I have alot of respect for law enforcement officers and don't get me wrong but its not fair that again the fireman gets left at the fire house watching cop shows on TLC and the Discovery channel!!!

I got an email back that said that they would take it into consideration and pass the email on to the proper people but, thats not enough.

This petition is going to be sent to TLC and the Discovery channel in hopes that our numbers will convince them that many people are interested in fire fighter programs.

Dear TLC/Discovery Channel

I am writing this letter to you with a request. I am interested in seeing programs about fire fighters on your network and want to know when such programing will be available. Your Network is great and the programing superb but there is almost no shows about the life of fire fighters and the job they do. I see many shows every day about police departments and trauma rooms in hospitals but nothing about the countries fire fighters. Why is this?

Many firemen give their lives every year and put their lives on the line every day but we see almost nothing about them or what they do. Programs could be made that focus on a differant fire dept each week. Differant aspects of the jobs could be highlighted and fire apparatus could be showcased regularly.

I have learned so much from being a firebuff, collecting model fire engines and talking with firemen and if not for them I would not have learned as much as I have about what they do, and still I don't know the half of it. Have you ever seen a fire truck racing down the street and wonder where they are going and what they are going to do? I know my kids do every day. I know that they are so interested in knowing whats going on. They are afraid of fire trucks because they have almost no exposure with such equipment. They feel threatened by "that big truck" and they want to "Learn"

Your network focuses on "Learning" and does a great job. Almost everyone I know watches TLC and hundreds of them are fire fighters. Please take this petition into consideration. Please think about the possibilities for such programing. Please read the names and words of the firemen that are adding to this petition as it is them that would be represented on such programing.
    Thank you.

Sincerely
    the people

Please add a reply to this post.The whole post will be copied and mailed to TLC and Discovery channel. Please add your state, dept and rank and Please be polite.Firebuffs and collectors just add your name and state if you are for new programs. Thank you

all referances to Firehouse.com, Firehouse Magazine its email address, phone numbers and referances to infopop bulletin boards will be removed from the petition before it is mailed. this post can also be found at code3 collectibles bulletin board
    Please visit my webpage
    http://www.angelfire.com/nj4/firebuff

Matt Lato
    fire buff and future firefighter
    Louisiana
    I personally would love to see more shows on firefighters. I see ine every now and then but not very often and would like to see more

-MATT-
    LADIES LOVE ME.
    FLAMES FEAR ME.

"I PLEDGE ALLEGIANCE TO THIS FLAG, IF THAT BOTHERS YOU WELL THATS TOO BAD!" AARON TIPPIN

If you wish to burn our flag please remember to wrap yourself in it first!!!

ALL SOUTHERNERS ARE EXEMPT FROM ANY AND ALL OF MY YANKEE COMMENTS ON ANY AND ALL FORUMS.

THE SOUTH WILL RISE AGAIN!!!

bke

Brian Everett
    New Mexico, U.S.A.
    Firebuff & Fire Service is Planned

I have felt this way for a long time. I would definitely watch this kind of programming. TLC/Discovery Channels are very enjoyable and I would like to see Firefighting shows added to you channel(s).

Thank you.
    BKE
    Proud to be an American.

"No animals were used in the posting of this thread. Two sticks of bubble gum and a hulahoop yes, animals no..."

Denise Leary
    New Bern, NC and Newburgh, NY
    FF/EMT
    City of New Bern Vol FD

All of the shows that you produce educate the general public. And so would one on this subject. We all go through many hours of training every year to keep up our certifications and the latest technology. I for one would think this would be great. Thanks for your time rm41

I am also in agreement to the fact that there needs to be more shows portraying what Firefighters do. Some of the public in general just think they dial 911, and we show up...not questioning how much training the person, either paid or volunteer needed to obtain to respond. I also would like to commend you for the types of programs you show, but, we need a firefigthing one. Thanks

Buster
    LFD
    Lebanon, PA

Forum Member

me too
    These are my opinions and not those of the organizations for which I work and/or volunteer.

Craig Neal
    Fort Smith Fire Dept.
    Driver

Yes, I would greatly appreciate more shows about our service to the public. I already spend quite a few hours each week watching the Discovery Network channels regarding their "real life" programing. They have aired programs concerning firefighting in the past and I have watched them without fail. There is quite a bit of information regarding safety issues that could be offered to the public, which in turn would go a long way in extending our public awareness programs. Spotlight could be put on the different ways that different departments use to educate children as well as adults. Let's hope for a positive response. Thanks.
    As Always, Stay Low and Stay Safe.

As do I, I enjoy "Trauma" and "Paramedics", but I would like to see a "Real" life Firefighter show.
    James Bingham
    Firefighter/EMT
    Lewis & Clark Fire District
    Astoria Oregon
    james35@firehousemail.com
    http://cms.firehouse.com/dept/Astoria4OR

i would like a show about what the fire service does .
    a show about the lives we lead and what we do.
    a show like paramedics would be nice.
    a show to honor the people that risk lifeand limb to help people and to honor the firemen and ladies that paid the ultimate price.
    thank you
    Bradley Henderson
    Skyland Vol. Fire and Rescue
    Firefighter WWW.SkylandFire.com
    ----------------------
    stay safe,have fun,stay healthy
    2197 10-8<br />stay safe have fun stay healthy<br />
    nc firefighter/emt-d
    RFB-FTM

Thread Information