Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    king57
    Firehouse.com Guest

Post vacation bidding #2

Sorry to expose you to my spelling errors on vacation etc.
    But to continue, I would like to know when you bid in senority and rounds how many shifts can each bid from first round to last?
    Do you get to bid 4 shifts or all 12 of your shifts the first round?

Boothby
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool

Here we work the same type of rotation schedual as Kent. 24 on, 24 off, 24 on, 24 off, 24 on, then 4 days off. We get our vacation time in blocks of 3,4,and 5 days. Take me for instance I get 9 days of vacation a year. That means I get 3 threeday blocks to bid. Because of the way our rotation works, each three day block works out to about two weeks off. During the bidding process each person can bid one block of 3,4,or 5 days off per round depending on how many vacation days a year they get(right now I don't get any 4 or 5 days). Again for me I bid one 3day block on the first round, then I bid another one on the second round, and finally I bid my last on the third round. Each division(4 batts) bids their vacation seperatly. If we tried to get every person on the shift department wide it would take days to complete. This way we can get everybody in the division bid in about 4 hours.

------------------
    Larry Boothby
    Firefighter/Paramedic
    Truck 3 A-shift
    Local 1784
    Memphis.

Thread Information