Dalmation90
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool

FyredUp, you may have ****ed off the fanatics on both sides, but you pretty much summed it up in a nutshell! Good job.
    Matt

Ed Shanks
    Firehouse.com Guest

Exclamation

Even I have to agree on that!

If all the community can afford is a volunteer department, then that's what they get. But full-time firefighters who volunteer for another community should know what they or their next-of-kin should expect before the unthinkable happens. Too many families have found out the hard way.

I'm not saying to do it or not do it - that's up to the individual. But I am saying that if you choose to do it you should do so fully understanding all the facts.

------------------
    E-4-A
    IAFF 1176
    RKMC MAL

Scott Clark
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs up

Well said Fyredup! I tried saying that in another post and was shot down for saying that. I also received 16 "not so nice emails" about my thoughts. I answered them all and stand by what I said.

------------------
    If we stand united.... We will never fall.

ff emt-p bleve
    Firehouse.com Guest

Wink

YES I AM A SINNER,AFTER A 24 HOUR SHIFT I DRIVE TO MY HOMETOWN AND VOLUNTEER WITH A SMALL RURAL FIRE DEPARTMENT.SMALL TOWN AMERICA I LOVE IT.CAREER / VOLLY AND PROUD OF IT.YOU
    SEE OUR VOLUNTEER'S ,WILL THAN DONT FIGHT AND COMPLAIN ABOUT EACH OTHER .WE WORK WELL TOGETHER.SOME DAY MAYBE THIS REGION CAN SUPPORT CAREER STAFFING, UNTIL THEN CALL ME A BAD GUY,BUT IF YOU CALL WE WILL COME.MIXED VOLLYS AND CAREER'S BY THE DOZENS.

[This message has been edited by ff emt-p bleve (edited December 28, 1999).]

[This message has been edited by ff emt-p bleve (edited December 30, 1999).]

Pizan
    Firehouse.com Guest

Angry

I am a career firefighter who also was and is a POP. I'll just say this I will never forget where I came from and remeber this simple fact there is and will always be more Volunteer, POP, POC, PT, etc. firefighters in the US than paid.
    I will also say I have enjoyed most of my volly time a hell of a lot more than my career time. So to those of you who cannot handle it, but out of your brothers time off, they can do what ever they want.

------------------
    Frank Ricci

Pizan
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs up

Excellent job FyredUp. BULLSEYE!

Firefighter 108
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs up

truck 2 you are right!!!!!!

Firefighter 108
    Firehouse.com Guest

Your right but nobody wants to pay for fulltimers when they can get parttimers for less & no benes. I'm a parttimer at 2 fd in pa where most are volly. At one dept we have IAFF guys, two type of part timers and vollys. IF the IAFF look at hrs worked and not at what the city or bourgh said as far as parttime or fulltime and let all paid ff they can grow in size. I work more hrs. than the fulltimers alot of the time

lt.jmp21
    Firehouse.com Guest

Where i come from the dept is both paid and volunteer. Almost all of the paid guys were vollys in the city before thay got hired for the job. Most of them forgot there volly roots and became union men, but there are still a few who still come down to the hall and help out there volly brothers. We dont all get along with each other but when it comes down to fighting the fire we all work togher. Dont get me wrong i am not anti paid person or any thing. Actually I plan on becoming a paid firefighter for a living.

everone stay safe.

These are my views and not nessesarly the views of the Active Hose Co or the NTFD

Thread Information