Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    NUMBY
    Firehouse.com Guest

Question NEW IAFF LOCAL Looking for Info

Im seeking the help of all the fellow brothers out there. I am the president of one of the newest IAFF locals. One of the biggest questions our members have is what can the union and the IAFF do for me? We have had a lot of our questions answered by other locals in the area and our state Association. The problem we have is that we are in KY which has no law for collective bargaining for public employees. So im looking for other locals that are in non collective bargaining states. What are some of the things that you have done and gained from being in the IAFF?

------------------
    Anything left in the forums is my opinion and does not reflect my department or any organization i belong to.

[This message has been edited by NUMBY (edited March 06, 2000).]

rescuebill
    Firehouse.com Guest

The IAFF is a wealth of information! They will help you with your contract, set up fire service ems, etc. They are a great resource for almost anything.

Lt.Todd
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs up

Iam a member of L-134 Atlanta,Ga.We also have no collective bargining.You can E-mail our union president at www.topjakes.com
    They can pass on alot of good information to you.
    Good Luck/Union Pride!!!

9m18
    Firehouse.com Guest

The IAFF has been very helpful to us. We have 6 fulltime FFs---in NH you have to have 10 to be automatically recognized as a bargaining unit. The Town could recognize us anyway, but refuses. We have received help on leave time issues and some others that have cropped up. All in all, I think it has been very beneficial even though we can't negotiate a contract.
    9m18
    IAFF Local 3708

------------------

Smoke286
    Firehouse.com Guest

A better question might be what can you do without the union, the answer is not a lot

Thread Information