FF Medley
    Firehouse.com Guest

Lightbulb Help With Employment

I am currently a volunteer Firefighter living in Ohio. I am also currently taking my FF 1 & 2 courses as well as Basic EMT. Any information will be greatly appreciated

Thank you
    Chris Medley
    chrismedley@hotmail.com

------------------
    Its About "Team work"

Ed Shanks
    Firehouse.com Guest

You're doing things right. Make yourself as attractive as you can and it will help your chances at being hired. If you don't have your FF2 whoever hires you will have to send you to fire recruit school - here in Ohio it's 240 hours - and many departments require EMT or above, so if they hire you and you don't have that they'll have to send you to school for that, too. Unless grandfathered like my department - Boardman FD, who still operates at First Responder level - any full-time department running medical calls must provide EMT level or higher care in Ohio.

------------------
    E-4-A
    IAFF 1176
    RKMC MAL

FF Medley
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thank you very much for your reply.

I am currently taking the Firefighter levels 1 & 2 as well as EMT-Basic.

When is Boardman FD going to hire again?
    I would really like some information.

Thank you
    Chris Medley
    chrismedley@hotmail.com

------------------
    Its About "Team work"

Ed Shanks
    Firehouse.com Guest

Well, sorry to say you just missed it. Last January was the time to get the paperwork in order, last March was the written test, and April 15 will be the Physical Agility Test. Those who pass will be on our list for two years. Next time they're taking applications will be January of 2002.

------------------
    E-4-A
    IAFF 1176
    RKMC MAL

FIREHOUSE CHEF
    Firehouse.com Guest

When it comes to taking exams dont limit yourself to the one department you want to work for....check out Free Listings of firefighter recruitment listings

FF Medley
    Firehouse.com Guest

If any body has any tips, advice, or Employment Opportunities it would greatly help me. I will move to anywhere. I am a very dedicated person, that will sacrafice my life for others.

Chris Medley

------------------
    Its About "Team work"

Thread Information