Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Staffing

Rapidzap
    Firehouse.com Guest

Post Staffing

Hello I am doing a staffing study for my dept. and would like to know where others are compared to us.

My dept has a minimum staffing level of 17 people, Staffing 3 engines and 3 rescues and a battalion chief. Last year we ran over 11000 calls a majority of which were rescue.
    We are doing a study in hopes of getting some extra personnel for a badly needed 4th rescue. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

FF Medley
    Firehouse.com Guest

My name is Chris Medley. I may have a solution. I am an 18 year old male that Will do anything to become a Full time firefighter. i currently have my FF 1 and i am going for EMT-Basic in JUNE. Any information would greatly be appreciated. Thank you and i hope all your problems will be solved.

Chris Medley

------------------
    Its About "Team work"

jmatthe7
    Firehouse.com Guest

Our minimum staffing per shift is 21. That covers 3 per engine (5) and 3 per ladder (2)

Gill
    Firehouse.com Guest

Our minimum is at least three personnel per rig. We have 18 front line rigs and three battalion chiefs.

------------------
    I LOVE THIS JOB!

Gill

firedan69
    Firehouse.com Guest

the city in which i live has a minimum of 13 per shift that covers 2 medic units, 1 ladder/engine, 2 pumpers, 1 command car.

the dept i work for as a dispatcher has 21 full time,2 40 hour fulltime and 7 part time
    the 40 hours work from 08-16, and the part time cover available time from 17-07, our minimum manning per station is 2 full time. we get caught with our pants down alot!!!!.

Never has so much been done by so few!!!!!!!

Thread Information