JRESCUE
    Firehouse.com Guest

Question 10/14 vs. 12hour shifts 48hr work week!!

We currently work 12hour shifts with a 48 hour work week. There are 7 of us Firefighter/Operator's manning 2 stations Sunday thru Friday,and Saturday's are manned by part-time Firefighter/Operators. We work the same 4days for 4weeks then rotate. 12weeks of days,12weeks of nights,and 4weeks as the floater. Does anyone have a 10/14 that they think would work better? Thanks!!

------------------
    Live each day to the fullest, as if it were your last with no regrets!! God Bless!! Buckle-Up and Stay Safe!!

9m18
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool

How about 2-10 hour days, followed by 2 14-hour nites, follwed by 4 days off? That's a 42-hour work week.

Or-- 24 hours on, 24 hours off, 24 hours on, 5 days off. Also a 42 hour week.

We do a Kelly schedule--- week 1- Tuesday/Thursday (24 hours each), Week 2- Monday/Friday (24 each) week 3- Sunday/Saturday (24 each) for a 48 hour week.

------------------
    Stay Safe.
    You asked for my opinion, now you have it. It's mine and mine only. Any similarity to another opinion...living or dead...is purely coincidental.

ILFireman
    Firehouse.com Guest

Lightbulb

We too work the 10/14's and I don't like the way we have it currently set up. At this present time we work 2- 10 hour days from 8am to 6pm. Then turn around and do 2- 14 hour night shifts from 6pm to 8am with 1 "Real" day off in between with rotating days off each week. We do with with 3 men to cover 24 hours. This revolves around a 56 hour week avarage. I feel if we hired 1 more guy to cover we could go to more days off.. I'm trying to convince our chief to try to get this done.. Our department has 3 full time firefighters/dispatchers.. 1 Full time chief working during 7-3pm, of course. and 26 paid-per-call volunteers for a city of opx. 4,000 people.

------------------
    This opinion is of myself and does not reflect any of the department or the city I am employed by.

firebox1
    Firehouse.com Guest

here in mt.pleasant michigan we work a 24 on 48 off you get 48 hours per week I work 8-16 have two days off and work again on 8-19. works pretty good for us I think cantu_fabian@hotmail.com

------------------

Thread Information