I work for a county fire department, with 4 city departments within the county. One of the cities is volunteer, and we provide EMS coverage for 2 of the 4. Recently, all of these cities have been annexing like wildfire, and there doesn't appear to be an end in sight. I am really worried that my department will have to start downsizing due to decreased tax base. Our county firefighter union has been fighting like mad about it, but the commissioners/ fire chief/ county manager either doesn't know what to do or doesn't care. I know for a fact that our county has a better pension, pay, benefits, and promotion potential than any of the cities, and I have a feeling that the majority of the city on line personnel would love to be incorporated into the county. I was just wondering if anyone is going through, or has gone through this problem. It is becoming pretty bad, with tempers flaring on line, and I feel it will affect job performance in the end. Any suggestions, experiences good or bad, or any place I can find resources would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!