Thread: HOW LONG?

Tower1Lackey
    Firehouse.com Guest

Took me about 4 years. But, I look at those 4 years as a great time to better myself as I went. If you're determined and you know you'll be a good fireman - it will happen. Just don't give up.

Tower1Lackey
    Firehouse.com Guest

Took me about 4 years. But, I look at those 4 years as a great time to better myself as I went. If you're determined and you know you'll be a good fireman - it will happen. Just don't give up.

Profireman
    Firehouse.com Guest

Wink

Talk about luck...A friend asked me to go take the test with him just becuase he didn't want to go by himself.

He was a close friend, volley for years....all the classes.

I'd never seen a fire, was installing Fire Alarms & Camera Systems in banks..making bookoo bucks..had a nice house in a different city.....took the test with him and 198 other guys..finished 5th lol

Best thing I ever did.. He's still ****ed lol

So luck certainly has alot to do with it but our testing is pretty tough too.
    Only 40 out of 198 made it past the Written exam and only 6 were hired off the list I was on.
    I was hired 1 month before the 3 yr list expired. lol

scott

------------------
    My opinions do not necessarily reflect the opinions of my department or the professional organizations and associations to which I belong

------------------
    Pursuant to US Code, Title 47, Chapter 5, Subchapter II, 227, any and
    all unsolicited commercial e-mail sent to any of the above address(s) is
    subject to a download and archival fee in the amount of $500.00 USD.
    Emailing denotes acceptance of these terms.

Profireman
    Firehouse.com Guest

Talk about luck...A friend asked me to go take the test with him just becuase he didn't want to go by himself.

He was a close friend, volley for years....all the classes.

I'd never seen a fire, was installing Fire Alarms & Camera Systems in banks..making bookoo bucks..had a nice house in a different city.....took the test with him and 198 other guys..finished 5th lol

Best thing I ever did.. He's still ****ed lol

So luck certainly has alot to do with it but our testing is pretty tough too.
    Only 40 out of 198 made it past the Written exam and only 6 were hired off the list I was on.
    I was hired 1 month before the 3 yr list expired. lol

scott

------------------
    My opinions do not necessarily reflect the opinions of my department or the professional organizations and associations to which I belong

------------------
    Pursuant to US Code, Title 47, Chapter 5, Subchapter II, 227, any and
    all unsolicited commercial e-mail sent to any of the above address(s) is
    subject to a download and archival fee in the amount of $500.00 USD.
    Emailing denotes acceptance of these terms.

Thread Information