Youngmedic
    Firehouse.com Guest

Post Hiring Processes

I'm about to start the Hiring Processes for a few major city Fire Departments. I currently work as a Paramedic with EMS, but my goal has always been the Fire service.

I think my weakness is with interviewing, so if anyone has any tips then let me know.

Also if anyone has any tricks to test well on Physical Agility Tests then let me know...
    supra89@hotmail.com

N2DFire
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool

I know that this is going to be the most popular answer to your question so I'm glad I get to be the first to give it.

Check out the web site www.eatstress.com and anything else by Cpt. Bob Smith that you can get your hands on. (Search thru the older threads in the Employment sections too)

Good luck on your job quest.

Take Care - Stay Safe
    Stephen
    FF/Paramedic

Captain Gonzo
    Firehouse.com Guest

Stephen..you beat me to it!

Youngmedic...

One of the things you have to do is have confidence in yourself. If the person conducting the interview is looking for a simple one or two word answer...don't give a doctoral dissertation...if they want you elaborate your answer on a question...take a moment to think..then answer it to the best of your ability. If you don't know the answer to a question..admit it. Answering with honesty is a lot better than trying to baffle someone with bovine scataolgy!

------------------
    Firefighters: rising under adverse conditions to accept the challenge!
    Captain Gonzo

FireRebel
    Firehouse.com Guest

Eatstress.com is the way to go, Capt Bob has alot of insight and tidbits that will help you immensely...good luck

CCFDfiremedic
    Firehouse.com Guest

I would have to agree with the other people that have submitted. My first interviews were poor and I really needed some guidance. I too am a paramedic and had some good qualifications, but that doesn't matter if you cant present yourself to the board. Captain Bob's program was an eye opener to me and I do believe it is what got me hired. The initial cost is a little high but it is a small price to pay for a career in the fire service. If you are looking to test dont forget about vegas. the 4 departments in town have hired a total of 200+ firefighters in the last year and I'm sure it will continue with thw growth we have here. Being a paramedic is a major plus and I am sure it helped me to get hired.

iaff1937
    Firehouse.com Guest

Youngmedic,

I have three words for you Captain Bob Smith. He got me my badge. There's none better.

Smoke286
    Firehouse.com Guest

Paralize 'em with Bull@#%$, lol

NUMBY
    Firehouse.com Guest

Talking

Bovine Scatawhat?

------------------
    Anything I post in the forums is my opinion and does not reflect my department or any organization I belong to.

Thread Information