LtDanCobbFD
    Firehouse.com Guest

Question Breathing Air Compressors

What kind of breathing air system(compressor) is your department using and how is it holding up? Do you have a 4500 or 6000 PSI cascade system and is adequate? I am researching the various brands of compressors and I need your help! Thanks

Forum Member

Just purchased an Eagle Blackhawk 6000psi unit with 4 ISO bottle cascade system. Looked at all the major players, Eagle, Bauer, Mako, Hypress and a newcomer Stallion. Liked the Stallion but they hardly have any units in the field, didn't want to be a guinea pig. Came down to Eagle Blackhawk and Bauer Unicus III. Would rather have the Unicus II, but it didn't come with factory cascading and didn't have as much cascade storage. We were looking for a grant and got shot down several times, so price was a factor. With all the factors, came down to the Eagle. Was the right size unit, had great features and good service. But we have had some issues with it right off the bat. The door has been adjusted 2 times by the local service rep and it still doesn't work right (rubbing on the left side). Now we found we might have an air leak in one of the fill hoses inside the door. For $43K I would expect a little better quality out of the gate.

Thread Information