Thread: MDA

HHoffman
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs up MDA

I just returned from the IAFF/MDA meeting for the 4th Dist. How many departments are helping MDA? I feel that even if you are not IAFF this is a good cause. Contact you local MDA office to get information. The web site is www.mdausa.org

------------------
    Henry C. Hoffman Jr.

Captain Gonzo
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool

The Firefighters of Local 1714 are very active in supporting the MDA. I did my first "fill the boot" in 1982 and have been collecting funds for this worthy cause every year since.

We do two MDA events. One is a voluntary toll road, which we do the Thursday before Labor Day. From this, we have collected an average of $12K per year. The second event is a golf tournament at the Marlborough Country Club. We have raised between $8 and $10K per tournament. We have corporate sponsors and sell sponsorships for tees and greens, and have special events on certain holes. This event has sold out every year. This year is a milestone...it's the 10th annual Marlborough Firefighters MDA Golf Tournament!

CFD14
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs up

I agree totally with you, it is a great cause. We have an MDA Boot Drive every year for more years than I care to remember. We are in a small community and raise around $2000.00 each year. I am involved in another organizaion that operates a Ranch for kids and adults with Cerebral Palsy or other disabilities. Chapters state wide hold a variety of fund raisers all year long to operate the CP Ranch each summer.

Squadman911
    Firehouse.com Guest

Talking

The brothers and sisters of Local 1664 have a great time supporting MDA.

------------------
    IAFF 4-ever / No Scabs

xchief
    Firehouse.com Guest

Smile

Looking forward to seeing all of you at the Local 1619 Softball tourn.in September.MDA needs your help Come play or watch and help out Jerry's kids.

Forum Member

Well, I can't say that I am on a department that supports MDA(as I am not on a department period.), but at this year's St. Patricks Day parade in Cleveland, several Cleveland-area departments were participating in the Fill-the-Boot drive. I am proud to say that I helped fill several boots, not only helping out the firefighters, but a great cause like the MDA.

I just returned from spending two days at a ladder-a-thon for MD, Our Dept, IAFF local 1075 has always been very supportive of MDA, my own involvment stretches back nearly 18 years

Gonzo, I would be interested in details of your event. We have quite a few golfers down here at Fall River Fire. I just played at the Newport RI MDA golf tourn. and it was an awesome time. Thanks.

For those coming to the Softball Drunkfest. they are having a Crab Feast the 6th of Sept.. starts at 6pm... $25 for all you can eat crabs and BBEEERRRRRR...
    The toes you step on today may be connected to the butt you have to kiss tomorrow.............

Jim LeBlanc
    Firehouse.com Guest

IAFF local 3591 has for many years. We have a voluntary road toll once a year, BBQ's, coin boxes at numerous stores and several other fundraisers.

Thread Information