Thread: Bullard

Default Bullard

I've been in the fire service for over 11 years now. For the last 5 years I've worn a Bullard helmet. Since I only live 20 minutes from the plant makes it great also. I also have a 1 leather helmet next to my 5 Bullard Helemts and 1 Morning Pride helmet on the cabinets in the kitchen. I've tested several Bullard helmets and they have with stood all the test I've put them through! I've tested them with goggles and sheilds and they have worked fine. Even tried to melt them and couldn't. I know if I really wanted to I could, but under normal firefighting procedures, I feel they will be safe. If your in to far or in to hot, things are going to break down no matter what it is. The leather helmets have a brass ring around the head, this will help your head fry by electricity. Bullards are not like this. After time things need to be replaced and we as a whole don't stick to manufactures suggestions because of one reason and that is money.

A few other things about Bullard. If I've ever had a problem or concern about a helmet, they have been extremly fast in getting me an answer. The folks over there who takes great care of myself and fellow firefighters are great. I know I can reach the person who will take care of me in a matter of minutes. If all else I can take a drive and have the problem taken care of in person. I've visited the plant many times and have always been welcomed each time.

Forum Member

What the hell does this have to do with the CAREER fire service?

Career firefighters wear helmets, duh

MembersZone Subscriber

I've never seen anyone wearing one. Any large department use Bullards?

Forum Member

Things must be slow in St. Johns. You must have 6 men on a pump and 5 on an aerial if helmets are a pressing issue. I'd wear one of those astronaut firefighting helmets if my employer was to purchase that style. Sounds like this guy is either a salesman or a hoople in the wrong forum.

Forum Member

Default wow

yeah this guy has 2 be a sales man...and as i look at it, this was just about 2 months before 9-11...o how the world has changed sence then

Thread Information