Thread: Federal Grants

  1. #1
    1stResponder Guest

    Question Federal Grants

    Does anyone know how to go about obtianing a federal grant? Perticularly in Kentucky? Our vol. fire dept. would like to build a training "house" or smoke maze. ANY help would be much appreciated! Thanks.

  2. #2
    NVFC Guest


    If your department serves a population less than 10,000, you may qualify for the Volunteer Fire Assistance program. This 50-50 matching federal grant program is administred through your state forester. Contact their office to learn how to apply.

    You may also want to visit to order the Alternative Funding Guide - this free manual provides information regarding federal grants as well as other funding methods.

    Heather Schafer
    NVFC Executive Director


  3. #3
    NUMBY Guest


    Im also from KY. Sometime recently i think i had heard that the state will provide like $250,000 towards training facilities. Im not sure where i heard it or who to contact. Try the state fire commission.

    Anything left in the forums is my opinion and does not reflect my department or any organization i belong to.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register