Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    DD
    Firehouse.com Guest

Post Fire equipment maintenance.

It would help me to have a fire equipment maintenance and repair forum to exchange information. We are a small volunteer department with old equipment. Our funding level makes it necessary that most of the maintenance & repair of our trucks and equipment is done in house. The use of a fire equipment mechanic is a luxury that we only use for pump certification or when the pump or it's transmission requires major work.

This is maintenance in addition to chassis and engine service and repairs. It would include power tool repair and maintenance. Our fire pump repair and maintenance includes work on the following; pressure & vacuum gauges, drains, packing adjustment or replacement, transfer valve, relief valve, primer pump & poppet valve, check valves, tank gauge, piping, flex lines, 1/4 turn gate valves, butterfly valves, electric pump shifts, mattydale swivels, etc. About everything but the guts of the pump system. Then there are the warning lights, sirens, radios, & horns, many other items that always seem to be in need of repair.

Is there any interest in such a discussion and information exchange forum?

Fire Mechanic
    Firehouse.com Guest

Exclamation

You should check out the NAEVT forum at naevt.org. Great group of guys from all over the country and very helpfull.
    I am a firefighter/mechanic in my department and am paid, but even keeping it in-house gets very costly, good luck, and e-mail if ya need to.
    Glenn

DD
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thanks Glenn!

I looked up the NAEVT forum and found that it is what I had proposed for this forum. Duplication here is not necessary.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default help; with repairs and maintenance

if you ever have any questions feel free to give me a call i have been in the fire service for going on 13 years and a apparatus technician with evt certification for 11 i am always willing to help anyone that needs it i can be reached by email at wbdfire1@yahoo.com or by cell at 252-216-6636 that goes for anyone i have a lot of info that i could email anyone or fax to them and its great that you all do your work and it wouldnt hurt for one of u to set in on some classes i am having a free pump class at my department in a week any questions feel free to call

Quote Originally Posted by DD View Post
    We are a small volunteer department with old equipment. Our funding level makes it necessary that most of the maintenance & repair of our trucks and equipment is done in house. The use of a fire equipment mechanic is a luxury that we only use for pump certification or when the pump or it's transmission requires major work.
    Sounds like us.
    Is it me, or does turning wrenches on old crap get old after awhile?

Quote Originally Posted by dadman View Post
    Sounds like us.
    Is it me, or does turning wrenches on old crap get old after awhile?
    Is it me, or does resurrecting these old threads make you thirsty too!!
    Just someone trying to help! (And by the way....Thanks for YOUR help!)

Aggressive does not have to equal stupid.

** "The comments made here are this person's views and possibly that of the organizations to which I am affiliated" **

Quote Originally Posted by THEFIRENUT View Post
    Is it me, or does resurrecting these old threads make you thirsty too!!
    I just looked at the dates of posts 1-3!
    Blow off the dust. Poof!

Thread Information