Thread: Taxes

  1. #1
    StanCap Guest

    Angry Taxes

    I'm working on my taxes and need a little information. What type of things can I deduct? I know I can deduct so much per mile, but does that include everytime I have driven to the station last year? Also, what documentation do I need? Thanks a lot.
    Chad Stanley

  2. #2
    Lieutenant Gonzo Guest


    Anything that is FD related can be deducted as professional expenses; among them are:

    mileage to and from alarms

    mileage to and from training sessions

    meals and lodging for training seminars

    professional journals and textbooks for promotional study (Firehouse, Fire Engineering, IFSTA manuals etc.)

    uniform cleaning, maintenance and purchases, if not provided by the Department.

    turnout gear purchases, cleaning and maintenance if not provided by the Department.

    Personal supplies purchased for use at the fire station.

    Keep records of your milage and save your receipts!

    Take care and be safe...Lt. Gonzo

  3. #3
    LMRCap1 Guest


    Don't forget any clothes that may have had holes burned in or damaged while firefighting.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register