Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    pvfr fyrfyter
    Firehouse.com Guest

Question New Pumper(Engine)/Tankers?

My dept. just got done spending 100K on a new tanker, due to the age of our other equipment, I hope we look into a Pumper/Tanker as the next investment. Have seen some nice ones on other dept. web sites but am wondering what they cost in this day and age. Would personally prefer a 1500pump with a 2500-3000 tank. thanks in advance for your replies.

RATTLE
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs up

Check out "Fire Rescue" magazine beginning December 1999 and continuing through April. The Rattlesnake Fire District in Colorado just spec'dpurchased, and received 3 new pumper/tenders.

Each are 1500gpm pump capacity, carry 2400 gal. of water, all are CAFS,pump and roll,and the list of other amazing systems goes on and on and on.

They were built by Darley and arrived fully capable and ready to fight fire. EVERYTHING from spanners to thermal imagers was included.

$500,000 each. Not bad if you consider all the equipment and capability that these awesome machines have.

Batt #2
    Firehouse.com Guest

Picking up a 1500 gpm 2500 tank dash 2000 Pierce on Thursday. It was $325.000. It is nothing special it has a 1400 gpm Feecon foam system for class B foam. We have a 150 gallon class B foam cell on it
    I read articals on the Rattle rigs very impressive

csgos
    Firehouse.com Guest

Exclamation

The department I work for has three pumper/tankers. These pumper/tankers are 1800 gallon tanks, with at least 1250 GPM Pumpers. I do not know the cost of them, but were built by "E-One" in Florida. The cabs used are International 6 personnel size cabs. These units hold 1800 feet of 3 inch hose, along with a portable dump tank. Basically, these trucks were purchased for areas with little or no fire hydrants. Since I did not notice if your district has hydrants, I will presume your district does not.

These trucks are not very fast, and the hose loads are high. As a matter of fact, you just about have to climb an installed ladder at the rear of the apparatus to gain access to the top side of the truck. Another problem in your district could be bridges. By my calculations, the water on the apparatus has a weight of nearly 15000 pounds.

Some of the advantages is the apparatus has a deck gun on top. Along with most standard equipment. Of course, your department will probably have needs that are not comparable to ours. Also, these truck have "quick dumps", which allows the tank to be emptied into a folding drafting tank within seconds, then go refill and bring more water to your incident scene.

If your area is more rural than ours, then quite possibly a larger water tank would be needed.

Thread Information