Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Call tracking

AJM108
    Firehouse.com Guest

Question Call tracking

Just a quick question how does your Dept. track who makes what call?
    In my Dept. we use a sheet with everyones badge number that serves as their I.D number after a call everyone who was at that call signs in and the highest ranking officer signs the bottom of the sheet. The sheet then is dropped in a box and twice a month the point committee enters them into a computer and that figures out the percentage of calls for the month.
    I've heard of finger print scanning and swipe cards does anyone know any other ways to track calls.

------------------
    AJM108
    2nd Lt Co.1
    Ridge Fire Dept.

[This message has been edited by AJM108 (edited April 05, 2000).]

9m18
    Firehouse.com Guest

The duty officer completes an attendance sheet as part of the run report. It indicates who was at the scene, who was at a different scene, who was detailed (inspections, etc.)and so forth. That report is entered monthly into a year-to-date report of who makes what, with percentages of calls made, etc.

------------------
    Stay Safe.
    You asked for my opinion, now you have it. It's mine and mine only. Any similarity to another opinion...living or dead...is purely coincidental.

HarrisonJR
    Firehouse.com Guest

On our department every run is listed on a sheet at the station (done monthly) with everyones name and ID number on it. If you were on that run you check your box off at the end of the year the chief and board members tally up the number of calls you made. Simple and maybe primitive but it works.

Firekatz04
    Firehouse.com Guest

Wink

AJM108, We do it similar to yours... but WE do it the "OLD FASHIONED WAY"... it's entered into a "point book" by the Lt. (your's truly). I'm in the process of entering our dept. into the 20th century and computerizing the records... it's just a shame we are now in the 21st ;>!!!!

AJM108
    Firehouse.com Guest

Talking

How many members are in everyone's Dept my Dept.isaround 100 members give or take a few?

------------------
    AJM108
    2nd Lt Co.1
    Ridge Fire Dept.

Adze
    Firehouse.com Guest

We have a sheet with everyones name listed. After every call and drill, it is indicated who was in attendance, who wore SCBA and who worked on a patient. They are kept with our run sheets that are dropped into a box after every call.

My FD has about 60 people on it, including Jr members, Active (regulars), Active Reserves (people with one foot in the retirement door), and Special members. If I include our Retired roster then we have 80 or more. Retired members are still members, but they are put into the "Retired" category and we only see them during parties and our carnival.

Adze
    Firehouse.com Guest

We have a sheet with everyones name listed. After every call and drill, it is indicated who was in attendance, who wore SCBA and who worked on a patient. They are kept with our run sheets that are dropped into a box after every call.

My FD has about 60 people on it, including Jr members, Active (regulars), Active Reserves (people with one foot in the retirement door), and Special members. If I include our Retired roster then we have 80 or more. Retired members are still members, but they are put into the "Retired" category and we only see them during parties and our carnival.

Whip
    Firehouse.com Guest

In my dept. the OIC completes an incident report using Firehouse Software. We have created a section for responding personnel, with all members names entered into the database, just double click to add to the report. Our SOG state that all members must report back to the station after a call, or check out with the OIC from the scene if you need to be somewhere, work, class, wedding, ect. If you are not at the station, and you did not check in with the OIC, you do not get "credit". At the end of the month, the reports are reviewed and a tally is generated for fire call activity. As for training, all members are required to sign there own names to the "Drill Book" this is because if your training records are ever audited by them Federal Guys, there is no question of if a person was actually in attendance, or if they were signed off for training by there buddy.

JR95
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs up

After every alarm/drill/work night a sheet is placed on a desk outside the communications room at the firehouse. One side of the sheet is for the IC to fill out pertaining to the call, and the reverse side is for the responding members.

Every members' line/badge number is listed, and any member that has responded must "sign-in" next to their line number. One every member has signed in the IC will place the sheet in the mailbox of the Lt. in charge of paper work, and then he will enter that information into the computer. Response percentages are posted monthly.

Fireman Ry
    Firehouse.com Guest

Exclamation

When we returnto quarters from a call, we fill out a incident report which lists everyone's name and badge number on it. After that is filled out, the report is entered into the computer. The Township of Warminster established an incentive program for us, so now we also have to sign our badge number and our name to a record book to account for everyone's response.

------------------
    Ryan B.
    Stay Safe
    Warminster Fire Department
    Station 90
    Bucks County

sarge552
    Firehouse.com Guest

On our dept. the person who is running the radio at the station is responsible for accounting for everyone on the township run report. They must include our ID#, name and vehicle we were in. After crews arrive back at station and have trucks in service, each member is responsible for signing the pay sheet, which verifies attendance also. Our dept. is paid on call with 35 members.

Fyrebugg41
    Firehouse.com Guest

Well, here we have 5 seperate engine companies. Each engine had their own book with a bunch of dept run sheets in it. The ladder truck, brush truck, and tanker all have the same sheets. On the sheet, we circle what company we are, time out, capt in charge, alarm location..stuff like that. Then on the lines at the bottom we put the names of all the firefighters that were there. The company keeps the white paper for their records and the chief's get the carbon.

------------------
    ~*That's why we're here, to help those in need, we're not here for money, fame, or greed..To help those fellow friends, who can't help themselves..We're volunteers because we care, because we want to help, to help others who are in need, not for ourselves*~

rural FF
    Firehouse.com Guest

Our way sounds typical of most,we have an attendance sheet that is filled out by the OIC with all the vital information of the emergency. These sheets are then written to a monthly call sheet and then a yearly report.

Thread Information