forhan
    Firehouse.com Guest

Question Responding in a dress

Don't anyone laugh themselves sick, but if you are a female volunteer and respond from work (the firm I work for allows me to do so), what the heck do you do if you're stuck in a dress and hosiery (I work in a law firm)? Ditching the hosiery is a given, but what about the dress? Tuck it into your turnouts and go?

Stuart Cobb
    Firehouse.com Guest

One of our female members has stuffed her dress in her bunker pants or pulled up her bunker pants and removed her skirt. The bottom line is do whatever you have to do.

pvfr fyrfyter
    Firehouse.com Guest

Lightbulb

If your gear is at the station, I'd leave socks, sweatpants and a tshirt at the station and change on the fly. I've seen females on my college dept. who would do just that and never heard a disparaging comment or sound.

NCRSQ751
    Firehouse.com Guest

Been there, done that many times. I tuck if I don't think I have time to do anything else, otherwise the pants come up and I undo the skirt and take it off. The reverse process works for removal as well.

------------------
    Susan Bednar
    Captain - Forsyth Rescue
    North Carolina Strike Force 1

Capt. Zada
    Firehouse.com Guest

Works for a Scottsman also. Sometimes you find a MacGregor(my family) in a kilt.

Lieutenant Gonzo
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool

What would Corporal Klinger do?
    Just kidding.....

------------------
    We boldly go where no one else dares...
    take care and stay safe
    Lt. Gonzo

Jim M.
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool

We had a member show up for a structure in his Santa suit. He was operating pretty much on adrenalin until he went to put on his SCBA facepiece and found the beard in his way. Everyone had a good laugh at his expression.

Seriously, we have several female members who tuck what can be tucked and remove what can't. No one has made any inappropriate remarks. If they did, they'd be gone.

Aerial 131
    Firehouse.com Guest

All of the volunteer women assigned to my station have a complete set of other gear to change into whenever needed, it may vary due to the need for stucture assignment or wildland fire and the time of year extreme hot to mild cold.

Capt551
    Firehouse.com Guest

Talking

Showing up in a kilt in my small town really caused some heads to turn. Running up the street with bunkers and coat in han, helmet on head and kilt fluttering in the wind really made for some interesting looks from drivers going by! I'm not sure if they were gawking at the fire or if the wind was catching my kilt as I ran!

[This message has been edited by Capt551 (edited May 12, 2000).]

rescue3
    Firehouse.com Guest

Wink

this has happened to me one too many times. i always keep and extra pair of pants and socks with my gear just in case. if i have time, i'll do the pull the pants up take off the skirt deal but i usually just tuck it in. as long as i get my job done, it's ok if the guys get a chuckle out of it.

------------------
    rescue3
    "you go...we go"

Quint1Medic
    Firehouse.com Guest

Y'all have every ounce of my respect. Lordy, I'm glad I don't have to deal with dresses at work

pfpchief
    Firehouse.com Guest

if i showed up in a dress my guys wuold wonder where i was . and im sure someone would tell my wife

Thread Information