Davidjb
    Firehouse.com Guest

Post Public relations/ home inspections

This is probably better placed in the prevention/relations group but there is very little activity there.
    I would like to start a home inspection program in our dept (vol). The plan is residents can call and have us come to their home for a free safety inspection. The 2 major goals being to promote fire prevention and improve our public relations, make the taxpayer feel they are getting something for thier money.
    I am looking for ideas and info on how other depts conduct these, the results you've had (good and bad), and some sample forms that we can use as a starting point.
    Any info is greatly appreciated.

------------------
    David Brooks, Firefighter, D/O, 1st Resp.
    Newmarket Fire & Rescue
    Newmarket, New Hampshire

9m18
    Firehouse.com Guest

Email me a snail-mail address and I'll send you a form that we use for voluntary single-family home inspections.

Has always worked well for us.

------------------
    Stay Safe.
    You asked for my opinion, now you have it. It's mine and mine only. Any similarity to another opinion...living or dead...is purely coincidental.

9m18
    Firehouse.com Guest

Email me a snail-mail address and I'll send you a form that we use for voluntary single-family home inspections.

Has always worked well for us.

------------------
    Stay Safe.
    You asked for my opinion, now you have it. It's mine and mine only. Any similarity to another opinion...living or dead...is purely coincidental.

Thread Information